Return from TDS '08 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from TDS '08

and the wheelin pics
Officer Kennedy jumping in and helping an injured quad rider while the meds were in route.

TDS022.jpg

The group in the wash

TDS012.jpg

Micro Machine
TDS010.jpg

IMG_6267.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

IMG_6264.jpg

IMG_6279.jpg

IMG_6278.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very Nice Colin! :thumbsup:

next truck haven i think im gonna bring my bike, those pools like fun to ride

Well I made it home ok yesterday but I was having trouble with my internet so I wasn't able to post. I will get the couple pics I got up later because I am at school right now.

I had fun even though I ws only out there for like 14hours. I slept in the front seat of my Jeep behind Brians RV so The wind wouldn't hit me too bad. I now have a brues on my shoulder from my seat belt from the Breakfast run :D. I also have to switch my seats around because i broke the Drivers seat the rest of the way so I have to hang on the stearing wheel to beable to use the clutch. ;) hehe. I hope I will be around to go out to Truck Haven again before I move. I really want to put the Jeep through its paces. I did find out it Fly's really well :eek:but the landing is something to be desired :rolleyes: LOL.:confused:.

Despite having my tent blow over on me and my leaf spring out of whack i did have a good time, as well as my girlfriend. Now she wants to buy a jeep to turn into the pink barbie jeep.:rolleyes: I've figured out what REALLY needs to be done to my truck before I go out again. I did get some pictures and I'll post those later on. The only carnage this weekend for me was my rear tire being chewed a little, my cb antennae being blown off by the wind and breaking, and my tent which happened to fall apart in the middle of eating dinner. Thanks again to everyone. I'll definetly be out there for more trips.

Dam wish I could of made it. Like Brian say's, A bad day in the desert is better than a day at home.

Hey Dave, Can you get me an umbrella like your's, I think it's cool. :D

Dannyboy, great shots of you and your better half. Did you drink any tequila? :bdrunk:

By the amount of pictures taken you guy's must of had a lot of empty time. Usually when we wheel a lot there are very few pics.

Where there any vendor booths set up?

No campfire on Saturday night, so no Tequila Tom. :thumbdwn:

Great Video Colin:thumbsup:

Hey Brian, you got any of your pics up loaded yet? I'm interested in seeing those pics of me going up that sand hill.:D

As for me, I didn't get many pics, and the ones I did get have already been posted. This weekend I'll see if I blew out the right rear shock or not. :dunno: I know on the way out to breakfast Sunday on the whoops the rear end was way stiffer than it used to be!:eek:

Yeah I did. It looked pretty sweet. It doesn't do it justice though at how ruff it really was!

Yeah I did. It looked pretty sweet. It doesn't do it justice though at how ruff it really was!

The real question though is, Did the cup holder survive?

...cool video as always froader...:D

The real question though is, Did the cup holder survive?

Heck yeah it did. No cup holders were injured in the making of that film. Although I had a serious head ache after that, and I might have put a small dent in the roof from my head!

Oh no!!!!!!!! not the only dentless panel :confused:

I'll have to check it this weekend. I'll be surprised if there isn't a dent there though.

Hey Brian, you got any of your pics up loaded yet? I'm interested in seeing those pics of me going up that sand hill.:D

I still haven't loaded any photo programs since I had to nuke the computer, so I can't make the pictures small enough to download. Give me a few days. If you send me a pm with your email address, I will send them all to you if you have a cable modem.

While you guys were out wheeling.........

We rented a quad
DSC00328.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

Watched a guy stuck in the only mud pit in Ocotillo
DSC00343.jpg

The tent after saturday nights wind
DSC00346.jpg

Some rigs
DSC00350.jpg

Leaving camp sunday
DSC00352.jpg

...i see you started removing your tupperware, or did truckhaven do that for you...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...i see you started removing your tupperware, or did truckhaven do that for you...:D
We were not exactly at Truckhaven, but about 20 miles straight south of there. Not much in the way of hard wheelin' in Ocotillo Wells.

Back