Return from SMORR | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from SMORR

Sorry I could not make it guys, but it's a long way for someone with no job right now:(

Sounds like the JP Mobile was there in Spirt though:thumbsup:

I've also heard I'm spose to make a SMORR '09 Movie:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey all, dislexiclawyer's bro here, I got signed up!
This weekend was a blast, I'm just sorry I didn't bring my truck out.

I hope this turns into an annual event!

Eric only won the first one cause he jumped--:p::D

I did no such thing, besides your the one that jumped on the 2nd pass before my brother even got all the way out there to be the flag man:p: It doesn't matter though it was a blast to play around for a bit after riding all weekend. I did get to play on some twisty roads a few times though running back and forth to town.

My brother and I had a great time, it was nice to hang out with a bunch of other rbv owners and swap stories and check out each others rigs. I'll post my pics in a bit, I'm going to start uploading now.

I did no such thing, besides your the one that jumped on the 2nd pass before my brother even got all the way out there to be the flag man:p: It doesn't matter though it was a blast to play around for a bit after riding all weekend. I did get to play on some twisty roads a few times though running back and forth to town.

My brother and I had a great time, it was nice to hang out with a bunch of other rbv owners and swap stories and check out each others rigs. I'll post my pics in a bit, I'm going to start uploading now.
I think this just means a re-match is in order. :burnout:

Thanks Jon!

You worked your tail off to get here! I am really sorry I couldn't have been there to help you finish up, to get you here sooner.

Your rig was fun to watch on top of that climb! I went up it today, and it was kinda spooky at the top! All I could see was blue sky! HEHE! Roof cam was going too! I did an hour of video today with it. Have it up later. (or parts of);)

Sheri said" If you are going up that hill I'm getting out"

Then a few made it.

" It would be funny if you walked right up it"

first and second try no go--

right before the 3rd try " You need a faster running start"

Funny how she went from denial to coach in 1 minute.

That hill was so steep, Eric couldn't walk up it to give me my Gatorade back. I lost the cap and asked him to hold it so it wouldn't be all over us in the truck.
I was all estatic about making the climb--- Next thing I know here he is trying to walk up the hill with my bottle in tow. He wiped out once, got closer and wiped out again. I waited for him to get closer for the next spill, tried to help him up and fell over also.
But he didn't spill a drop--:thumbsup:

Pictures just can't capture angles well. there is no walking up those--

Looks like you guys had a great time!:chug:

just whatever you do don't pick up any sharpened pencils along the way ;) :D

Looks like you guys had a great time!:chug:

Rick, The trails are hairy. You should try to do this
--I promise puckers--

KOH will be using the park for trials from what I heard from the owner

Rick, The trails are hairy. You should try to do this
--I promise puckers--

KOH will be using the park for trials from what I heard from the owner

Did he say when? (I smell another trip):burnout:

100_1395.jpg

100_1397.jpg

100_1367.jpg

I think this just means a re-match is in order. :burnout:

I was ready to go again, but Jon had had enough. As hard as we were running it could have gotten ugly pretty fast. It wouldn't have taken a whole lot for one of us to go sliding into the other one. The video doesn't show it but I was bouncing around pretty bad the tires were coming up and hitting in the wheel wells on top of the side to side movements. Not to mention the ass end trying to kick out when I went from 1st to 2nd, :burnout:and it tried to a little going into 3rd. After doing this I can understand Dannyboy and RJ building there trucks to do this it was a blast.:D

I will be adding alot more action shots to the photobucket site but my other computer is froze up that stores pics so may be couple days.
--what all trails did everyone get a chance to run. Lets here about them. We ran these and i'll list trail rating.
Black Mamba 3
Bronco Buster 3
Rocker Knocker 3
HighMountain Pass 2
Cherokee Pass 2
HighMountain Road 2
*Down* Cheap trick 5
Rocky Road 4
*Down* Log Jam 4
*Down* Doe Skid 5, but detoured big drop off,
Larrys Hill 3
Turket trot 2
*down* Pucker Up 4
Cold Mountain 3
Disturbed 3
Snow trail 3
Cougar Crossing 2
Down Wagoneer Hill 4
I believe thats everything we hit, we were on a mission to hit as many as possible.
So lets here about some of the trails, I know SVO42 wiped out a sidewall somewhere out there?

:banghead:Dang Me, I haven't been checking this site in a while since the acquisition of the 97 Probe. I would have loved to play in the dirt-n-rocks. I'll be kick'n myself until the next regionally local get together.:banghead:

To all that did attend I am Jealous!!

The EX is no longer my DD, so i'm ready to trail with it. Its currently still stock, so I won't be as extreme as some of the pics posted, but i'm sure the bug will bite.

"Disturbed" She said

I said " Yes it is"

She said," no, that's the name of the trail we are on"

Ayone else think it was a bit under rated?

this was a great get together, hats off to every one that showed up you are all great folks. and i can't wait for the next get together and every one that i meet where all great poeple and i'm a loner and don't like a lot of people. i just hope that i get to wheel for more than an hour next time !!! but every things fixed new x-case is in and i'll weld up the new drive shaft monday afternoon and head back to the ranch in a week or so. And see if there are anymore bugs to work out. :hammer::hammer:

I've added my photos to the page, I won't post any here but the one since gregg didn't want anybody to see it:D Yes that's some grade A bird poop on his hood.

PICT0462Medium.jpg

and here's a little video of the convoy that headed out from springfield friday morning.
(lost photo)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

k guys,, not home yet,,, i am in Clear Lake Iowa, but on the way home in the morning,,

got a little tired on the road, and a very menacing thunderstorm kind of chased me off the highway, but,,

Its all Good,, will be on again when i get home,, and i have PHOTO"S and Videos,,,,

LOTS OF THEM<< filled a 2 gig card in about 3 hours,,,,

final comments will be when i am not typing on my laptop,, bad keyboard ,,

to all involved,,, IT WAS DEFINATELY WORTH 1000 MILE DRIVE ONE WAY,,,

will do this again without thought,,,,,,,,

Corkey,,,,

i forgot,,, first tank of gas, on the way home,, was good for 637 km,,,

Back