AccordRanger's 99 Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AccordRanger's 99 Sport

Picked her up about a month ago for $2800.01 From Mountain States Toyota.

008-Copy.jpg

005-Copy.jpg

005.jpg

Plans: TT and shackles, 265/75/16's, sliders, Locker.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice looking Ex...I however wouldn't go the bedliner route with the trim, another forum member did the same and it kept peeling it didn't want to stick to the plastic right just my opinion though.

I remember a member (Too many "members" in one sentence lmao), who bedlined his whole first gen, I remember reading and following up on that, and I recal him saying that he had problems with it peeling and not sticking good

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Finally got something done to it.

Had these for a while

044.jpg

Picked this up Saturday.

048.jpg

Turned into this.

047.jpg

Before

040-Copy.jpg

After

049.jpg

And picked these up for free as spares when i get new tires.

045.jpg

046.jpg

Gonna get the TT done at the end of this week.

Got the TT done gonna make some shackles to lift the rear about another inch.

054-Copy.jpg

048-Copy2.jpg

049-Copy2.jpg

126.jpg

Mad some rear sway disco's. Working on the front hope to have it done by Friday.

rearsway1.jpg

rearsway2.jpg

rearsway3.jpg

Front sway disco's complete. Might paint them at a later date.

Handles way better then then i ever expected even when i had the factory endlinks.

001.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

Took off the drivers side trim and found this.

Looks like i have a few projects to take care of on my vacation.

007-Copy4.jpg

008-Copy4.jpg

009-Copy3.jpg

Painted the tailpipe today. Got sick of looking at the rust.

001-Copy2.jpg

Also started sanding the front bumper, still need to remove the brush guard so i can do the rest.

001-Copy.jpg

Lookin great! I was just looking into the swaybar disconnects earlier today. They are now on my list. I plan to atleast do the TT and warriors before i try and shove some 32x11.50s under it next spring. I have considered the leaf packs, how did that go for you, was it hard?

Only hard part of the leaf pack swap was getting the damn bolt out of the mono-leaf and shackle. Ended torching the bushing and beating the hell out of the bushing sleeve till the bolt was out.

Only hard part of the leaf pack swap was getting the damn bolt out of the mono-leaf and shackle. Ended torching the bushing and beating the hell out of the bushing sleeve till the bolt was out.

I would run into that even with the shackle change(unless you mean the front shackle), Im gonna use alot of PB Blaster:D. Part of me says just spend the $$ and do the leaf pack swap since i will already have it part way there. How does it ride now compared to before? Mine is still arched and not sagging but its soooo soft. I cant stand it, I have slammed it off the bump stops several times before.

Stiffer but not bad i actually like it better. Didn't hurt flex either can still stuff the tires.

Took her out on T33a this weekend. She sure impresses me every time I go on a trail.

81-Shaynedownsecondobstacle.jpg

56-Shayneonthirdobstacle.jpg

4-Shayneupfirstobstacle.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

Pic of one of the things i am currently working on.

001-Copy3.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

032.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

Hope to get them mounted this weekend.

Tires mounted!

033-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

0342.jpg

I love that tread!

Got the front bumper painted and the pass flares back on. Drivers side is in the basement drying. Also sprayed some undercoating on the rear wheel well and frame.

015.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

The flares look awesome. They should have made the sport just like yours is out of the factory: slightly higher, 265s and color matched bumpers and flares. Looks great.

What kinda gas mileage you getting with the 265's? I am currently trying to decide on 265's on stock rims or buy 15x8 cragars and throw 31's on it again. I'll have my 4 door leaf pack on with a TT once its warm again, and then I will need the tires.

Right now I'm getting 11-13 mpg with about a 12 mpg average. But it also could use new plugs and wires. So I would guess it will get about 13-15 mpg when i do that.

Right now I'm getting 11-13 mpg with about a 12 mpg average. But it also could use new plugs and wires. So I would guess it will get about 13-15 mpg when i do that.

Thank you. That is probably what will sway me from 265s or 32's. I commute to school and put a lot of miles on. With the 31" BFG ATs I used I had to get 16-18mpg. If i drove really softly i could push close to 18.5 mixed, but if I drove hard it was in the 15's. Highway was 20mpg. Plus with 31"s I should have a bit more travel into the wheel wells.

Back