SMORR Fall Run? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR Fall Run?

Trucks all packed up and ready to head out, should be ariving at SMORR around 6 or a little after tommorrow.

Same camping spots as last time?

Same camping spots.

Not sure who all will be out there Friday night tho. I will be out there in the AM Saturday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another one falls lol.

Any of the KS guys interested in meeting up somewhere, maybe Ft. Scott and forming an Explorer train on the way to SMORR.

Were packed and ready I plan on heading out of Gas around,well not out of gas but leaving gas buy 10 am I could be at fort scott by 11 for sure it's only like say 50 miles most. If yoour leaving at 6am what time dose that put you at fort scott. call me if your still up 620-228-8322

Pic's to show were not kidding.
Preicous help and over seen the packing of the truck.
006-1.jpg

ready to go yet when we going I'm ready.
005-1.jpg

Good thing never got stopped the cops around here would call in the A.T.F.
013-2.jpg

2 Space Heaters
Welp see everyone soon! Drive safe!!! And keep it between the lines!!

See ya soon Dave and we'll put out a fire at Jons!!:salute:

Were packed and ready I plan on heading out of Gas around,well not out of gas but leaving gas buy 10 am I could be at fort scott by 11 for sure it's only like say 50 miles most. If yoour leaving at 6am what time dose that put you at fort scott. call me if your still up x..-x..-XXXX

Sorry sparks, think there is a little confusion there I won't be getting to SMORR till around 6pm, so looks like you'll be getting there before me.

Not sure where to start here.

I took the 95 in for an alignment. Thought I had a bad outer tie rod. Brought 2 new outer tie rod ends with me to have installed there so I didn't have to hassle with setting the toe and drive it there after wards.

Once the rig was up on he lift and the front end was lifted by the control arms, we discovered a few bad things. :(

1st, the dr side inner tie rod was shot. Barely hanging in there.
2nd, both upper BJ's are shot. Both replaced when the coilover conversion was done.
3rd, the 2 yr old steering rack was worn out. It only had a 12 month warranty on it.

Needless to say, the 95 is not going anywhere in this current condition.

The 94 just gave me trouble. I either have a bad starter or a bad ground cable. It is the easier fix of the two rigs. I am going to try to get the 94 sorted out, and take it out to the park for some mild wheeling. If I can't get it up and running soon, I am going to have to back out of this all together.

Will keep you guys posted of the progress.

[
QUOTE=gmanpaint;2569818]Not sure where to start here.

I took the 95 in for an alignment. Thought I had a bad outer tie rod. Brought 2 new outer tie rod ends with me to have installed there so I didn't have to hassle with setting the toe and drive it there after wards.

Once the rig was up on he lift and the front end was lifted by the control arms, we discovered a few bad things. :(

1st, the dr side inner tie rod was shot. Barely hanging in there.
2nd, both upper BJ's are shot. Both replaced when the coilover conversion was done.
3rd, the 2 yr old steering rack was worn out. It only had a 12 month warranty on it.

Needless to say, the 95 is not going anywhere in this current condition.

The 94 just gave me trouble. I either have a bad starter or a bad ground cable. It is the easier fix of the two rigs. I am going to try to get the 94 sorted out, and take it out to the park for some mild wheeling. If I can't get it up and running soon, I am going to have to back out of this all together.

Dude, that bites.

Changed the starter out, have a new battery, still messed up. Starter acts dead. Have to wait for help to do a volt/amp draw test on it in the morning. More than likely a bad cable. Will do my best to get out there sometime tomorrow.

Since we never discussed a CB channel, I will try the cell phones to get a hold of you guys.

Gregg was in the chat earlier , said Levi had a tire problem and he got his 94 started and was on his way out there, bad starter and all,

Last to arrive, and the first to get home.

By the time I made it out there, the guys had repaired Levi's spare with sidewall plugs. I just couldn't let Levi use that tire, so I sold him a very good spare 33"x12.5" BF MT on the cheap.

We had a frigging blast last night on the trails. Tackled some very nasty level 4's in the dark till midnight. We had some ultimate pucker factors and a few "Oh ****, were gonna die", moments. Hardly any mud to speak of as it hasn't rained for quite awhile. Dust was bad on Ranch Road, made it hard to see with a rig in front of you.

There was some body carnage, and some structural damage to Marks rig, nothing serious, just some reminders that he wheeled his rig harder than he ever has before.
Levi took on some body damage, blown tire (sidewall), and had a front coil come off at the top.

At the end of the night, we had the biggest bonfire (15' flames easy) I have seen in a looooong time! It attracted others outside our group to come join us and shoot the breeze. Couple of peeps even slept on the ground next to it for the night.

Not a lot of rigs, people, or time there, but had one heck of a great time while it lasted. :)

Man it looks like you guys had fun out there!

Weeeeeerrrreee baaacccckkkk!!!!!

What a weekend!

Pic's and videos to come,at least the ones I think I got.

Unloading now!!!

Made it home safely around 2:30, although not being able to go over 60mph the whole time, think that might be from the rubber bushing disenigrating in my lower shock mount so it would start shaking like crazy.

Thanks to Bronco2guy and Gman for giving me some good deals on 2 33's. When we were going down creek trail I mangaged to gash my side wall, after getting that one swapped for my spare found it had a whole in it too when I got back to camp.

And thanks to Sparks for lettin me ride with him on the night runs, some of which were pretty intense to say the least.

Overall it was freaking awesome learned a ton about my new rig and what all it is cappable of and what needs to now be fixed on it.

The few pictures I took will be uploaded later when the card reader is located.

Picture time (the very few I took)
The whole group we started with
SANY0718.jpg

stupid tow hooks kept digging in
SANY0715.jpg

SANY0719.jpg

sparksafly'n rig
SANY0717.jpg

GIANTbonfire
SANY0723.jpg

my unfortunate mishaps (well the ones I have pictures of)
temporary fix for my spare after the tire on my rig recieved a slit in the sidewall from a rock
SANY0728.jpg

SANY0726.jpg

SANY0724.jpg

SANY0725.jpg

Levi you can ride with Joshua & I anytime!! Levi gave us a great tour of S.M.O.R. with his already bad azz SPORT! Just amazing what Levi could make it do. I'd ride with him anytime!!!

I took some videos but I'm not sure where they are? Our camara messed up on us,so here is what pic's I got.
Man it got cold friday.Was nice and comfomfortable sleeping with the 2 heaters going.Here I'm am keeping my wienier warm.
051.jpg

Acouple cool trucks!!
052.jpg

The coolest camp site!
047.jpg

Levi going over the concrete tubs,camara error so didn't get him going over.
039.jpg

We brought 3 loads of fire wood back.But brad got the bone fire set up.
019.jpg

Levi flexing his MUSLE!!
035.jpg

That's the best I can do for pic's will look for my videos tommorrow. If I can't find them I think I'll stop trying to get pictures from now on!
Can't wait to see the videos and pic's from the others. You guys missed a great time. come on July!!!

Glad to see you guys were keeping with the EF tradition of BIG bonfires:D

055-1.jpg

The only two videos I ended up with.

Here is my poor attemp at taking videos. Click the pic.. Thanks Brad and greg for the winching lesson. A point where no pic's or videos were allowed lol!
th_036.jpg

th_014.jpg

th_018.jpg

th_056.jpg

th_040.jpg

th_037.jpg

th_053.jpg

Joshua & I had a good time. Look forward to comimng back in july.start plaining ahead:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Watching that last video again, Mark think I just saw where the new dent in your door came from that stump right there that stopped you from going over.

Back