Really pissed off!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Really pissed off!!!

I don't mean to keep beating a dead horse with this, although I think this horse deserves it, but since i discovered the seat belt anchor, my mind has been blown to crap. I just think it is absolutely unacceptable that the vehicle was returned to me in this manner and then I'm supposed to trust putting my kids into it? Maybe "unacceptable" isn't quite the right word, how about "negligent"? After all, we are talking about life safety. I have to wonder and question how many other individuals vehicles left this dealerships service department with potentially negligent work performed that wasn't caught that puts us the consumer and our families and lives at risk.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't mean to keep beating a dead horse with this, although I think this horse deserves it, but since i discovered the seat belt anchor, my mind has been blown to crap. I just think it is absolutely unacceptable that the vehicle was returned to me in this manner and then I'm supposed to trust putting my kids into it? Maybe "unacceptable" isn't quite the right word, how about "negligent"? After all, we are talking about life safety. I have to wonder and question how many other individuals vehicles left this dealerships service department with potentially negligent work performed that wasn't caught that puts us the consumer and our families and lives at risk.

Do what I would do, request for them to compensate and give you some accessories like a remote start/ whatever you want to add on for free.

I did that when my service department damaged the black plastic by accident and they gave me the roof racks and bumper cover.

After that incident, I regained my confidence in the dealer I went to and the service department there is absolutely excellent, very helpful, and honest. The free car wash after oil change? I'm never going back to those drive through oil changes when I could go to the dealership, check out the new cars, and get a cup of free coffee.

Different dealerships may give you better service, I would suggest going to a different dealership and problem would be solved.

I always try to talk to the tech that worked on the truck, put a face to the work....I think a free 2013 Gt 500 would make me feel better after something like this...

I always try to talk to the tech that worked on the truck, put a face to the work....I think a free 2013 Gt 500 would make me feel better after something like this...

yes! I feel that would be fair compensation :D

What an incompetent dealership. Having small children, I would have also been extremely upset!

When all you do is car repair/service (no matter how technologically advanced they have become), the consumer expects that it be done right, the first time. No exceptions. Better yet, produce a product that doesn't need minor tweaks to correct what should have been an efficient product when originally purchased (an unreasonable expectation for sure).

If you or I did our jobs with such a lazy and unaccountable attitude, we'd be terminated without much remorse. Sorry doesn't cut it. Lives are literally at stake. So is the stealership's reputation, and that of FORD. This feeble 'Sorry' is little consolation...

The potential for the dealer screwing up is EXACTLY the reason that I have not had any of the TSB work done.

Those photos are incredible! They owe you free oil changes for the life of the vehicle.

Ford should consider making a rating for the service departments at their dealerships that are available to customers. That way you can make an informed decision where to get work done, rather than take your chances. It would also motivate the owner of the dealership to assure that stuff like that never happens.

The potential for the dealer screwing up is EXACTLY the reason that I have not had any of the TSB work done.

EXACTLY!!!

There is no way I'm letting the dealer monkeys do anything unless absolutely necessary. I can live with slight mis-alignments, grease streaks on the windows, and a little rain noise. No thanks.....

You know, as much as the dealerships push every customer who buys a new vehicle to check off the dealer survey as excellent, you'd think there would be a rating for all aspects, and a followup for service. Who can really rate a service department until after something happens? They should send them once a year for the term of the warranty. They're all nice the first day.

I'm torn because it seems ridiculous to me to have a discussion with any dealership like "Well, you put my kids in jeopardy, so I want a free remote start" or "you could have contributed to the death of my family if we were in an accident, but we're cool if you give me free oil changes for life..." because neither is related to the other, but how else do you adequately resolve that kind of situation. To me, a $300 remote start isn't adequate for potentially contributing to the death of my son, but what are the other avenues? Lawsuit?

When we got our Escape earlier this month, there was a gash on the rear bumper from when they were installing the running boards:

P1010828.jpg

They tried to fix it once, but it looked like crap. They did a better job the second time. The whole time, from day one of receipt until the bumper was fixed, they asked every DAY if I had gotten a chance to fill out the pre-Ford satisfaction survey. It's completely ridiculous.

One day between fix attempt one and two, when I said I wasn't filling anything out until my truck was finished he says, "it's all good, we'll get it right- we're not Earl Scheib." To which I answered- "I remember Earl Scheib- I had two cars painted there, neither one had to go back for a second try." I don't think he found that amusing...

i was told by a friend of mine who is a dervice at a dealer that (atleast his dealer) takes the surveys serously. when problems come from ford down to a dealer changes are made.

I was able to get $900 off a $1300 bill after talking to ford directly.

I'm torn because it seems ridiculous to me to have a discussion with any dealership like "Well, you put my kids in jeopardy, so I want a free remote start" or "you could have contributed to the death of my family if we were in an accident, but we're cool if you give me free oil changes for life..." because neither is related to the other, but how else do you adequately resolve that kind of situation. To me, a $300 remote start isn't adequate for potentially contributing to the death of my son, but what are the other avenues? Lawsuit?

Never even thought of having a discussion with them about "trading" my children's lives or safety for a product. Nothing can compare in value to their lives and safety.

I wasn't saying that you did- I'm only saying in general to the people that suggested that you should ask for a free remote start that I wouldn't be able to tell myself in my mind that I was ok with that as a trade... What they returned to you was in no way acceptable, and I wouldn't let a small token gift make up for it.

In contrast my visit to Lexus dealership service department was very pleasant today. Coffee, pastries and fruit was very good quality too. Yes, a short survey form was sitting on my passenger seat for me to complete.

But more related to incident, I would use another Ford dealership.

Thankfully not all dealerships behave the way the one above has. My local dealership (Lake Ford in Lewistown, PA) has treated me quite well and taken care of my vehicles in a professional manner. It's a shame all dealerships don't treat their customers as ......customers!!!

Yes, I have had very good customer service at my local Ford dealership.

And it needs to be good, they are charging plenty for service and repairs (I have good current comparisons for cost of service owning a Lexus and a Benz too). My 2007 with 54K miles has generated plenty of revenue/profits for them.

I wasn't saying that you did- I'm only saying in general to the people that suggested that you should ask for a free remote start that I wouldn't be able to tell myself in my mind that I was ok with that as a trade... What they returned to you was in no way acceptable, and I wouldn't let a small token gift make up for it.

I understand what you are saying Joe Dirt, If you look through these posts, you can see that I never even commented or replied to those that did suggest it.

You know, as much as the dealerships push every customer who buys a new vehicle to check off the dealer survey as excellent, you'd think there would be a rating for all aspects, and a followup for service. Who can really rate a service department until after something happens? They should send them once a year for the term of the warranty. They're all nice the first day.
There is a dealership that I have frequented for about 5 years now, and coin-cidentally, that dealer is not where I originally bought/leased either my wife or I's latest vehicles. I hate the after service b.s. of a service check-off list. If I weren't satisfied, don't you think that I would let them know. I have a son (almost 3 years old), and the dealer manage woke him up from his nap last week by calling and leaving a message on our answering machine because they wanted me to call "about my latest service visit that they hoped was very good". I took the vehicle in 3 weeks ago!

There is a dealership that I have frequented for about 5 years now, and coin-cidentally, that dealer is not where I originally bought/leased either my wife or I's latest vehicles. I hate the after service b.s. of a service check-off list. If I weren't satisfied, don't you think that I would let them know. I have a son (almost 3 years old), and the dealer manage woke him up from his nap last week by calling and leaving a message on our answering machine because they wanted me to call "about my latest service visit that they hoped was very good". I took the vehicle in 3 weeks ago!
When I had my '09 Highlander serviced, I always received a satisfaction survey in the mail a week later. Once I checked off 'unsatisfactory' on an item and received a call from the service manager.
With the Explorer my service appointments are always followed up by a phone call, usually within a week, although the last one was 2 weeks. At no time did anyone attempt to influence the survey. So far, my experince with the Ford dealership has been excellent.
I don't think it is entirely fair to put all the blame on the dealer for waking up the young lad. It could have been anyone calling. When I don't want to be disturbed by a phone call, I take measures to ensure that it doesn't ring.

Peter

Back