Front End Damage/Accident | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front End Damage/Accident

amcberetta

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
14 Black Limited 4X4 302A
I was in a not-a-fault accident on Tuesday afternoon driving home from work. The other driver failed to yield resulting it me hitting them since I had the right away. I hit them at approximately 40-45 MPH. The car does lean to the right now, not sure if there is any uni-frame damage. The hood is stuck down so I cant see into the engine compartment. Now I'm stuck waiting for their insurance to kick in. In the mean time can anyone out there give me a ball park on the damage? Like I said I'm at the mercy of the other insurance, and curious. Thanks
Attached are some pics I took.

1_zpsi90x0fqz.jpg
[/URL]
4_zpslwstww4j.jpg

3_zpsxtbzgzms.jpg

2_zpsaxreprtz.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was in a not-a-fault accident on Tuesday afternoon driving home from work. The other driver failed to yield resulting it me hitting them since I had the right away. I hit them at approximately 40-45 MPH. The car does lean to the right now, not sure if there is any uni-frame damage. The hood is stuck down so I cant see into the engine compartment. Now I'm stuck waiting for their insurance to kick in. In the mean time can anyone out there give me a ball park on the damage? Like I said I'm at the mercy of the other insurance, and curious. Thanks
Attached are some pics I took.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

You're supposed to upload images to a site like photobucket, then use the direct link to put in between those image tags.

Your looking at about 9k

Your looking at about 9k

amcberetta.....Without having any idea s to the extent of the damage since the hood cannot be raised, it would be foolish to even speculate on the cost to repair it. What difference does it make if your/their insurance company is going to foot the bill anyhow (assuming it gets repaired properly)???

amcberetta.....Without having any idea s to the extent of the damage since the hood cannot be raised, it would be foolish to even speculate on the cost to repair it. What difference does it make if your/their insurance company is going to foot the bill anyhow (assuming it gets repaired properly)???

Because their insurance is dragging their feet, and I was just trying to get a ballpark idea on the damage I know the numbers others are posting are not going to be 100% but maybe folks who work/own a body shop could give me some idea. So it's not foolish sir

because their insurance is dragging their feet, and i was just trying to get a ballpark idea on the damage i know the numbers others are posting are not going to be 100% but maybe folks who work/own a body shop could give me some idea. So it's not foolish sir

trust me your looking at a high number of 9k pluS
the hood, fenders,bumber,grill,impact bar, grill, lights, plus....

The main thing here is that you are alright.

The truck could be repaired but you can't be replaced.

The main thing here is that you are alright.

The truck could be repaired but you can't be replaced.

You are right, I Walked away with out a scratch. I was just trying to get an idea on the damage, and see what I'm in for.

You are right, I Walked away with out a scratch. I was just trying to get an idea on the damage, and see what I'm in for.

If their insurance is dragging their feet, get your insurance company on the phone. If it was deemed not your fault and the other drivers, your insurance will pay for the repair and then go after their insurance.

There should be no reason that you can't get your vehicle fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

Now I will say that because this only happened 2 days ago that I'm not quite sure how they can be dragging their feet. I wouldn't expect any adjuster to come out within 48 hours personally (would be fantastic if they did) but I'd make sure you are in a rental being covered by insurance.

I have to say that every post I've seen regarding accidents with the explorers that everyone has seemed to walk away without harm which is fantastic.

$27,000 and 6 months to get it fixed. How's that for pulling numbers out of my rear end? :D

If their insurance is dragging their feet, get your insurance company on the phone. If it was deemed not your fault and the other drivers, your insurance will pay for the repair and then go after their insurance.

There should be no reason that you can't get your vehicle fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

Now I will say that because this only happened 2 days ago that I'm not quite sure how they can be dragging their feet. I wouldn't expect any adjuster to come out within 48 hours personally (would be fantastic if they did) but I'd make sure you are in a rental being covered by insurance.

I have to say that every post I've seen regarding accidents with the explorers that everyone has seemed to walk away without harm which is fantastic.

My insurance is aware of the situation. The other persons insurance is doing everything in their power not to pay my claim even tho she received a citation. They are requesting more information from the local police. I'm not trying to have to file a claim on my insurance if I don't have too. However, I cant let them take forever either. I have 2 small children that I need to tote around. They don't fit too well in the wife's VW.

Not sure how you can say their insurance company is doing everything in their power not to pay the claim in only 3 days. What actually have they done - or not done in 3 days that makes you feel this way?

I will say by now they should have a date/time-frame for their adjuster to see it. If you have not asked for that, call them and ask.

I think the person may be stalling because they may be denying that they are at fault. It happens a lot. Although, I don't know why you would deny if you got a citation.

Also, that damage looks pretty small for a 40 - 45 MPH impact. If the airbags didn't deploy, then I don't think the cost would be too high. My 2013 Fusion Titanium which had the hood fixed, right fender replaced, right headlight replaced, front bumper, right side fog light replaced, etc costed about 4 - 5K under insurance with all OEM parts. They also had to paint it with the red tri coat which was a 3 layer paint. I think you'd be looking at a similar price there.

To me the whole front end shifted to the right and could be more under damage. This COULD include motor mounts, structural supports, if this 4WD there could be driveline issues, etc... on top of the obvious damages.

To me the whole front end shifted to the right and could be more under damage. This COULD include motor mounts, structural supports, if this 4WD there could be driveline issues, etc... on top of the obvious damages.

It is indeed 4WD, the right right side sits almost 2" lower than the left. I measured with a tape, and the car is on a flat surface, and the tire is not low. So I'm assuming their are underlying issues.

It is indeed 4WD, the right right side sits almost 2" lower than the left. I measured with a tape, and the car is on a flat surface, and the tire is not low. So I'm assuming their are underlying issues.

The best advice here was given to you by blwnsmoke. Get your own insurance involved in this. They will get your truck fixed right and back to you a lot faster than the other driver's insurance will and they will work with you a whole lot better. They actually love doing this as they will make money off the other insurance company.

Do you carry uninsured motorist?

Agreed ^^^ let your insurance handle the rental car, harassment of their insurance and team of lawyers to get your vehicle repaired/paid out and save your sanity.

Thanks everyone for their opinions. I think I am going to go ahead and make the claim with my own insurance. That way I can get the process started and see how bad the truck is. instead of guessing and waiting. Thanks agian

You have insurance claim it your insi=urance will go by police report and they will pay to fix yurs and then they go after her/his insurance that is normal procedure.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any update on your / their insurance?

Back