So I just bought a 96 Eddie Bauer 4.0 4x4 for $350 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So I just bought a 96 Eddie Bauer 4.0 4x4 for $350

No, I am just dreaming. I am going to just make it dependable. I am talking about the 97 5.0 2wd, the 95 I am going to part out.

View attachment 323291
I would put under non-op so the DMV is off your back and gradually address the issues - CIL / trans -- you have a true 4x4 with a moon roof and bullet proof 4.0 ohv !... you'll get like $500 total to part out (no good interior to parts to sell)... I would definitely hang on to it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would put under non-op so the DMV is off your back and gradually address the issues - CIL / trans -- you have a true 4x4 with a moon roof and bullet proof 4.0 ohv !... you'll get like $500 total to part out (no good interior to parts to sell)... I would definitely hang on to it.
Anybody want it for $500 let me know 7605018083
I want to subscribe to EF.com

No, I am just dreaming. I am going to just make it dependable. I am talking about the 97 5.0 2wd, the 95 I am going to part out.

View attachment 323291

He probably got rid of it cause of the trans. That could get expensive. Maybe parting is a good idea. If I was local I would want the bumpers :lol:. Mine have holes. Would probably cost $300 to ship, its LTL at that bulk.

Anybody want it for $500 let me know 7605018083
I want to subscribe to EF.com
What is your axle code on door sticker...is this a 95 or 96? ... 95 for sure are all L.S.... I guess 96's varied..... I checked out many for sale of both in these years and all had L.S. ....

IMG_20201022_175607.jpg

He probably got rid of it cause of the trans. That could get expensive. Maybe parting is a good idea. If I was local I would want the bumpers :lol:. Mine have holes. Would probably cost $300 to ship, its LTL at that bulk.
Yeah shipping or paying to have it towed kills the savings you would get from buying the whole truck :*(

D4 is 3.73 limited slip

D4 is 3.73 limited slip
I have the 16" tires and it came stock with a 4.10 open. At 60 cruising it is running at about 2100 RPM. It is probably ideal for towing (its easy to get up to speed), but I don't have a tow package. Someone added wires though.

Weren't those stickers replaced for 30psi when the tires were recalled? Low tire pressure was the blame for tread seperation.
Tire pressure on they 97 exp 5.0 2wd on sticker is 35psi

Back