Gen 1 version 2.0 build | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gen 1 version 2.0 build

Playing with wheel choice for the 5"x5.5" swap. I'll be using 16" Dodge 1500 wheels with the centers enlarged to fit the front hubs, the off set works nice with the 1.25" spacers I need to use to change the rear bolt pattern and I already have a almost new set of 265/75-16 tires. There are also small "pads" one the wheels so I'll be able to drill and tap them to use factory Ford center caps!

Attachments

• IMG_20201031_162329.jpg
    IMG_20201031_162329.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20201031_163521.jpg
    IMG_20201031_163521.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 224

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back in he shop for some winter upgrades, trying not to drive it on winter time salt covered roads! Pictures to follow!

Running 1.25" spacers up front and 1.25" adapters out back. I'm running some 16" Dodge steel wheels with a bit of off set so the wheels should sit in the fender wheels about the same as stock. I'm planning on traveling a lot with this one so I'm trying to keep it so I can source parts fairly easily if needed, wanted to drill the stock axles for screw in studs or buy new axles in 5.5" but the spacers/adapters seemed like the route with less resistance :)

Made a nice clean slate today for the new shock/coil mounts this weekend.

I like how the Dodge Steelies look on there. Great idea.
you’ll love the bigger brakes.

Thanks I've run 17" Dodge steel wheel on my Early Bronco's for year I like the looks and the strength of the steelies. Didn't really gain much with the brakes I'm using machined down (1/2" smaller diameter) 94' Bronco rotors on the Dana 35 knuckles.

So you’re using the smaller calipers too.
I went w the D44 knuckles out. The difference in braking is noticeable.

The steelies look nice!!

disc-conversion-1-jpg.jpg

I would like to have a piston large enough to be a trash can! Look at that sucker!! HUGE, d44 conversion also very nice :)

So you’re using the smaller calipers too.
I went w the D44 knuckles out. The difference in braking is noticeable.
Yes 94' Bronco rotor/hub, spindle, and stub axle already have disc's in the rear and never plan on anything larger than a 33" tire so I'm happy with the brakes.

I figured that after I posted.
I’m still digging the steelie look. Has a “all business” look to it.

funny I was just putting some Ford parts on a Jeep :)
Steelies look like they belong and an uncut EB = Yeah!! Its got a big dent = boo

funny I was just putting some Ford parts on a Jeep :)
Steelies look like they belong and an uncut EB = Yeah!! Its got a big dent = boo
Yea it gets wheeled a lot harder than it should with how much Early Bronco's have gone up in the past few years. It's fairly well built gears, lockers etc.....

luber9.jpg

luber99.jpg

Still need to rebuild the shocks but the front is done!

IMG_20210109_175219.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Like the Bronco. Looks very nice. I have a buddy that has a 67 Bronco and he wheels the crap out of it. Has 35" tires on it new 302 motor in it with electronic ignition. The works. I also like how your Explorer is coming along. I am planning to do a mildish build with mine also.

Back