97 Sport build number 2 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Sport build number 2

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's in the rear of your Explorer? L.S. ....locker......
(Noticed it has the sun/moon roof....added bonus... cool)
P.S. Awesome environment there... Colorado!

I looked and it looks like I have the Stock LS with 410's. I want to get the Carbon Fiber ones and put them in and see how well it does then. Thank you yes it has Sun Roof, Has the Sub in the back also with the 4.0 sohc motor. So far she is doing great.

Yeah....when my clutches are completely spent I plan on doing carbon fiber as well...

... where's the post delete option? :)

One more video for the Gipper!.... gotta have a slo-mo one where the front wheels get off the ground to be complete! Right? :)

So this weekend I heard some rattling under my hood. I am hoping that changing tensioners will fix it. Not very happy about it. really like my Ex and she runs great. So I am going to replace the tensioners in her first and see how she does from there. Things I have done already - Changed oil. Put in 5w30 Mobil one high mileage Full synthetic oil. She just started rattling like a couple weeks ago. I am thinking that the new oil might have shocked the motor LOL. I am hoping that will help her and be fixed for a while.

Go to 10/30 or additive to buy some more time ? ....I know "donalds" has mentioned adding a pre-oiler and/or pressing gas at startup (to stop initial starting) to get oil flowing before engine ignition.
See here:

I use a pre oiler worth every dang penny !!!

Go to 10/30 or additive to buy some more time ? ....I know "donalds" has mentioned adding a pre-oiler and/or pressing gas at startup (to stop initial starting) to get oil flowing before engine ignition.
See here:
See here:
I guess I just don't get it, 10-40 flows better than 10-20 to get the oil pressure up quicker?

I am going to look into the Pre-oiler and also change the oil to 10-40 and see how things are then and report. Thanks all.

So I replaced my Tensioners and it sounds like it is worse. Is there something I am supposed to do to the tensioners before installing them? Right now till I get money I will not be driving her. This is what I have done so far.
Changed oil to 10w30
Added Engine restore
replaced Tensioners

Now it sounds worse then when I had the old ones in. Speaking of which the front one Could not push it in all the way in when I get it out. The rear one would not Move at all when pushing on it. Yeah I think they were needed to be replaced.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I took the front Tensioner out and put it in the oil and primed it. Put it back in and now I do not hear the Slap. I hope that was what the problem was. Will drive it here in a little while to actually see what she does. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will last a while.

Back