Solved - Something Helpful I Found While Extending PTU Vent | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Something Helpful I Found While Extending PTU Vent

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

MattMPA

Reaction score
City, State
SE PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
A little tip I just learned this AM while extending the PTU vent hose for easier fluid changes.

From underneath, you can easily disconnect the vent tube at the PTU...and the hose itself is merely clipped to a bracket. I popped off the clip....made the extension on the workbench...reinstalled.

I was under the impression that it would be a bit of a nightmare to find, locate, remove the vent cap, etc...Hope this helps someone!!

Thanks for sharing the tip.:chug:

Do you by chance have any pictures you can share?

Do you by chance have any pictures you can share?
I can snap a photo of how the extended vent looks at the top...but I didn't get photos underneath.

I removed the air filter box top and hose...but still could barely see the vent from the top. Also, was unable to get both hands on it from the top. Underneath, I could feel where it attached and see the bracket and clip. I'm thinking the clip/manner of attaching to the bracket may vary by model year.

It's pretty easy to find from underneath on the driver's side, the vent has a yellow paper tag on the hose.

Back