• Register Today It's free!

king ranch badge removal

sulzbachk

Reaction score
City, State
Ft Myers
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer King Ranch
Would like to remove the king ranch badging from the driver/passenger door and tailgate on my 2022 Explorer king ranch. Are they just on with adhesive? Anyone done it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would like to remove the king ranch badging from the driver/passenger door and tailgate on my 2022 Explorer king ranch. Are they just on with adhesive? Anyone done it?
No one has done it on a KR but I some members have done it on their 5th gen Explorers as well as changing out the Ford logos/emblems.
BTW, your profile only shows a 2018 Ram.

Peter

No one has done it on a KR but I some members have done it on their 5th gen Explorers as well as changing out the Ford logos/emblems.
BTW, your profile only shows a 2018 Ram.

Peter
Time to find a new dealer or tell them that hey will owe you an avertising fee of $100 a month, payable up front for 48 months. I think they will change their story. Also get a differen ales rep. Yours does not deserve a commission.

I removed badges from my ST Line using two strands of dental floss or very thin fishing line. Here's a link to a YT video. There are many videos for debadging cars.

Just put the vehicle in the sun to warm up the adhesive, slide the floss behind the badge, using a sawing motion, just move it backward and the metal should release. It will probably leave the 3M tape. Then just peel that away or spray some Goof Off and use your fingers to roll the adhesive. You can also spray the Goof Off on the badge area prior to using the floss. The Goof Off does not damage the paint or sealant. Works great!

I removed badges from my ST Line using two strands of dental floss or very thin fishing line. Here's a link to a YT video. There are many videos for debadging cars.

Just put the vehicle in the sun to warm up the adhesive, slide the floss behind the badge, using a sawing motion, just move it backward and the metal should release. It will probably leave the 3M tape. Then just peel that away or spray some Goof Off and use your fingers to roll the adhesive. You can also spray the Goof Off on the badge area prior to using the floss. The Goof Off does not damage the paint or sealant. Works great!

Was concerned there was more than adhesive under the badge....like a couple of location holes.....

Oh, gotcha. I haven't run into that except with the ovals on the front and the back. The badges are normally just stuck on in my experience.

I took the badges off my Ram with fishing line, elbow grease, "Goof-Off" and Dawn dish washing liquid.

Time to find a new dealer or tell them that hey will owe you an avertising fee of $100 a month, payable up front for 48 months. I think they will change their story. Also get a differen ales rep. Yours does not deserve a commission.
Your reply should have been made in the thread that was linked. The OP isn't comp[laining about a dealer applied 'sticker' but rather the one that identifies the trim that was put on by the manufacturer. It would be the same as you removing the "Limited" from your liftgate.

Peter

i would doubt there is anything more than adhesive as they wouldn't stamp multiple doors for a badge.

I read an article saying that WD40 could be used to remove them. Not sure how effective that would be but the product does seem to have a variety of uses,

a hairdryer or gentle use of a heatgun to warm/soften the glue will make it easy.

hairdryer works, but be careful not to apply too much heat; you can damage the paint.

Several companies make badge removal wheel. Used it to take off pinstripes on my old Infiniti. Try that before you try solvents.

Make sure you move constantly so it doesn't heat up the paint, and you'll need to buff it afterward. This is how the body shops do it.

That wheel is After removal of the badge to get rid of the adhesive. I wouldn't want to use any type of eraser wheel - you can get too aggressive without realizing it.

I think you will be surprised how easily those badges come off with fishing line or floss.

That wheel is After removal of the badge to get rid of the adhesive. I wouldn't want to use any type of eraser wheel - you can get too aggressive without realizing it.

I think you will be surprised how easily those badges come off with fishing line or floss.

I think you misunderstood my suggestion. Badge comes off with fishing line or dental floss. But it leaves behind adhesive. The wheel is for the adhesive. It's basically a pencil eraser. As long as you don't stay in one spot, there's no risk for damage. It's safer than razor blades or solvents.

I think you misunderstood my suggestion. Badge comes off with fishing line or dental floss. But it leaves behind adhesive. The wheel is for the adhesive. It's basically a pencil eraser. As long as you don't stay in one spot, there's no risk for damage. It's safer than razor blades or solvents.
I was just relaying my experience. Goof Off worked perfectly with no residual stuff. One or two swipes and it's done.

I was just relaying my experience. Goof Off worked perfectly with no residual stuff. One or two swipes and it's done.
Yeah I use goof off all the time. Works fantastic on hockey sticks to get the glue from old tape off. I'm just not jazzed about putting in on paint.

Back