6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

Hello, new member here. I just got a 22 King Ranch in Burgundy Velvet. Interestingly, the first new car I ever bought was a 92 Explorer XLT in "Cabernet Medium." They've come a long way in 30 years. I was interested in the Stone Blue, but wait times are pretty long. I found this in transit to a local dealer and set up the deal in advance. I picked it up on 2/18 when the delivery convoy arrived. I was surprised how much I actually like this color.

I've driven sport sedans (Lexus) the last 20 years so this is a change. Lifestyle changes have necessitated a more versatile vehicle. I decided not to just chase luxury brand badges and look for something that had all the tech and features I wanted. This KR Explorer had more space, more power, more tech than other vehicles I looked at, as well as a nice premium feeling interior.
View attachment 426683View attachment 426684View attachment 426685View attachment 426686
Nice color… 👍🏻

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I still have the '93 that I bought new.

We are still loving our "new" '20 ST. Amazing power and ride while getting better fuel mileage than our 160hp '93 ever did.

Hello, new member here. I just got a 22 King Ranch in Burgundy Velvet. Interestingly, the first new car I ever bought was a 92 Explorer XLT in "Cabernet Medium." They've come a long way in 30 years. I was interested in the Stone Blue, but wait times are pretty long. I found this in transit to a local dealer and set up the deal in advance. I picked it up on 2/18 when the delivery convoy arrived. I was surprised how much I actually like this color.

I've driven sport sedans (Lexus) the last 20 years so this is a change. Lifestyle changes have necessitated a more versatile vehicle. I decided not to just chase luxury brand badges and look for something that had all the tech and features I wanted. This KR Explorer had more space, more power, more tech than other vehicles I looked at, as well as a nice premium feeling interior.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I've always liked the lighter colours but this Burgundy has really caught my eye. It was also available on the Aviator but I believe it is no longer.

Peter

Anyone have a forged green yet? Trading in my 2020 star white for this 2022.

FD91222C-093D-46E3-B0FC-CEBAC1F31673.jpeg
A8520702-0E93-4153-8708-43FCB359A775.jpeg

Nice vehicle but to me it looks closer to being gray than green.

Peter

Nice vehicle but to me it looks closer to being gray than green.

Peter
Yes - it’s a very deceiving color.

Very dark almost black at one angle. Grey-green at other angles.

CF1AD310-06FD-4BD2-A6F9-4FCA2E0ECDD5.jpeg BCD81449-1969-40EC-BCDA-848132699E4D.jpeg

Now it looks green. :D

Love these new colors - the burgundy and green.

Congrats on the new Explorer Tim. :thumbsup: One thing I noticed is that there are no sensors on the body.

Peter

Congrats on the new Explorer Tim. :thumbsup: One thing I noticed is that there are no sensors on the body.

Peter
Yeah, I haven't really looked it over too much, it replaced our 13 Flex Eco that has 197000 miles with the original starter and alternator. Rolling the dice for long trips. The Flex is now relegated to local use only till it blows. Best car I've ever owned, would have bought another just like it if they still made them.

Been a long time between SUV purchases, many pickups in between. Previously had 1991 Bronco (Full size) Eddie Bauer, 5.8L automatic, quad shocks up front, trailer tow package (suspension & coolers), biggest factory option All-Terrain tires on polished alloys. Lots of other options, bought new. The Timberline reminds me of the old Bauer. Lots of Tech to learn the PIU's I maintain lots less complicated. Fleet's Medium Titanium., guess I'm partial to Grays.

20220820_094110.jpg 20220910_102619.jpg

Grill Lights - Easy Installation

20220827_091122.jpg

Been a long time between SUV purchases, many pickups in between. Previously had 1991 Bronco (Full size) Eddie Bauer, 5.8L automatic, quad shocks up front, trailer tow package (suspension & coolers), biggest factory option All-Terrain tires on polished alloys. Lots of other options, bought new. The Timberline reminds me of the old Bauer. Lots of Tech to learn the PIU's I maintain lots less complicated. Fleet's Medium Titanium., guess I'm partial to Grays.

View attachment 434232 View attachment 434233
Really sharp color. Congrats!

B1FDCEA4-B83A-48AC-B475-B705C28B180E.jpeg

2022 Atlas blue Limited 301A package AWD with the tow package. We had a 2020 xlt 201A AWD in the same color from 2019-2021. Due to trans issues we switched to a Jeep Grand Cherokee L. After that was totaled my wife wanted to come back to the explorer. She didn’t like the jeep after six months of driving it. Lol. Hell of a way to get a new explorer but hey here we are.

Thought I had made my contribution. Guess not:

ST & Crepe Myrtle 1a.jpg

ST1a.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back