Going Electric? | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Going Electric?

I'll gladly buy the $2.99 gas in year 2035 when it's only used by 40% of the vehicles on the road. Not looking forward to my $600 power bill though as supply and demand is only going to increase those costs to deliver the same amount of electricity.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll gladly buy the $2.99 gas in year 2035 when it's only used by 40% of the vehicles on the road. Not looking forward to my $600 power bill though as supply and demand is only going to increase those costs to deliver the same amount of electricity.
Exactly just wait until the really high demand and we all have power issues

Here's the issue not everyone has the money for a hybrid or EV I know I don't also if we are talking about pollution and climate change who really believes that the record cold or record heat is an issue as we have had records like this back 100 years or so ago where they were talking about extreme heat or extreme cold I believe it's a cycle that earth goes through and not so much climate change also i for one am not paranoid at all i should be able to drive my vehicle how, where, and when, I want without anyone telling me how to do so if i want to burn my tires off it should be my choice as I paid for the vehicle and tires or if I want to run WOT I should be able to because it's my vehicle and i paid for it also this is a free country we should have the right to have a choice of what we drive instead of being told what to drive that is the biggest issue with our country today is everyone wants to tell us what to do

I agree with that completely. But I do wish you'd try harder to use a period every once in a while. I'm a slow typing person, but I try to use better grammar than what I did when in school, for the benefit of anyone reading it.

A strange thought it being cheaper to power your own home with a gas generator than buying power off the grid

I agree with that completely. But I do wish you'd try harder to use a period every once in a while. I'm a slow typing person, but I try to use better grammar than what I did when in school, for the benefit of anyone reading it.
Yeah sorry I am on android so when I put a period it auto corrects it without one

A strange thought it being cheaper to power your own home with a gas generator than buying power off the grid
Now that is something I'd like to try and see what the difference is

Ditto, people think that only one thing is going to change related to the EV's. It's the same for all of the individual subjects, they will all cause additional changes, which generally will be much greater costs for each item.

Now that is something I'd like to try and see what the difference is
A shift in demand towards more electric use will drive the price up. The oil guys will cut production as demand decreases to protect profits as long as possible.

Yeah sorry I am on android so when I put a period it auto corrects it without one

I admire people who can type on their phone. But I can't do it well enough to put up with how slow I am at texting, so a long sentence or paragraph is hell.

I admire people who can type on their phone. But I can't do it well enough to put up with how slow I am at texting, so a long sentence or paragraph is hell.
Yeah it sucks bro honestly I'd rather be on PC

A shift in demand towards more electric use will drive the price up. The oil guys will cut production as demand decreases to protect profits as long as possible.
Yep and guess what? We will all pay for the increase in electricity just like insurance one person wrecks and everyone's rates go up

@94Eddie We're not having a power shortage where I live. Also I wasn't "telling" anyone to go purchase a Hybrid or else. Simply stating facts from watching current driver in my area. I drive 9.5 miles round trip to work and back, so I don't even fall in the national norm.
Good Gen II Priuses are available for $3000- to $5000- Currently. So are other 4 cyl ICE vehicles.
@Lee's Automotive If you want to burn your tires off and punish your vehicle at will, then go for it. I wouldn't want any of my prospective customers seeing me do that though. They might think that while I have their car working on it, that I'm going to drive theirs that way too.
@CDW6212R I hope that my grammer is ok. I just have a spelling problem.
Yesterday, I paid $2.97 a gallon.

@94Eddie We're not having a power shortage where I live. Also I wasn't "telling" anyone to go purchase a Hybrid or else. Simply stating facts from watching current driver in my area. I drive 9.5 miles round trip to work and back, so I don't even fall in the national norm.
Good Gen II Priuses are available for $3000- to $5000- Currently. So are other 4 cyl ICE vehicles.
@Lee's Automotive If you want to burn your tires off and punish your vehicle at will, then go for it. I wouldn't want any of my prospective customers seeing me do that though. They might think that while I have their car working on it, that I'm going to drive theirs that way too.
@CDW6212R I hope that my grammer is ok. I just have a spelling problem.
Yesterday, I paid $2.97 a gallon.
I don't usually burn my tires up especially since I just got a new set but I was using examples of freedom as to what we should be able to do

Talk to the phone, let it do the work.

A real world problem someone should create a solution for. Voice to southern text
Now that's a good idea right there

I don't usually burn my tires up especially since I just got a new set but I was using examples of freedom as to what we should be able to do
Sounds good, but if everyone actually did that, murder would be ok.
Was a seatbelt mandate bad?

Hell, people are so stupid stressed these days they will leave a baby in a car. We're too stupid as a whole to be self governed.

So yeah, a seatbelt law was needed.

Sounds good, but if everyone actually did that, murder would be ok.
Was a seatbelt mandate bad?

Hell, people are so stupid stressed these days they will leave a baby in a car. We're too stupid as a whole to be self governed.

Sadly your right though

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If someone is stupid enough to operate a car without a seatbelt on, they get what they deserve when in an accident. I won't ride in a car with someone who doesn't wear a seatbelt. In a wreck they would end up crushing me, breaking my neck while they get out unharmed.

Back