Fix4Dirt '98 XLT

:D Finally, its about time!

The Specs

Basic- 1998 XLT 4x4
Mileage- 323k (8/25/22)
Engine- 4.0 SOHC (stock)
Trans- 5r55e (stock)
Tcase- BW4405 (stock)
Front/Rear End- D35 IFS 3.73/8.8 LS 3.73 (stock)
Suspension- TT w/Keys/OME36+Shackle, ES UCA/LCA bushings, ES Sway bar end links (not stock)
Wheels/Tires- Stock 15" teardrop w/ 1" spacer/31" Toyo OC ATIII
Audio- MACH HU/Amp, Kicker CS door speakers, Kicker Comp C8 sub
Bumpers- RockRanger bumper+ HF 12k Winch
Accessories- Roof Basket, 30" LED Bar, Rear light pods, loads of sound deadening

The future!!!

- "New" hatch (spot welds tearing/torn on old one, need to paint up new one) In Progress
- Brake Booster Done
- Powertrax NoSlip
- Superlift?
- 33s?

Pics!!!

Stock
IMG_9719.jpeg

Lift stock tires

IMG_0896.jpeg
A3ADF2B8-CA54-4B99-8539-EF02F08E061F.jpeg

Current form (6/14/22) Lift & 31s

IMG_2994.jpeg

Current Form (12/29/22) A bit more lift, 31s, basket

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 2.44.15 PM.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Certainly ain't! Plenty of change since then too!
at this time had the 31s but no bumper and basket lol... now a stock pic :eek: thats where the change is at lol

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

at this time had the 31s but no bumper and basket lol... now a stock pic :eek: thats where the change is at lol
Dude, a stock pic will always be crazy, ya need to make a side by side picture like I did to compare, day one to after a few years, that was a freak transition, least ya ain't changed the color yet! lol

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 8.15.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 8.18.34 PM.png

not the best comparison but it speaks for itself somewhat

beautiful both ways
thanks man

yes sir 3 years ago i wouldve never saw this X this way tbh it was greta stock as a cruiser and weekend soft roader, but over time the bug has bitten, and now its changed so much. things i miss about stock, absolutely, like a low step in height, and maybe the ride, but hey i love it alot still now ;)

That works! Need to make 'em into a collage though, like I did for mine when I finally was about finished up. So it's a single image, with one above the other lol

Definitely come a long way, and still going!
are they ever really done though? but yep still going!

thanks man

yes sir 3 years ago i wouldve never saw this X this way tbh it was greta stock as a cruiser and weekend soft roader, but over time the bug has bitten, and now its changed so much. things i miss about stock, absolutely, like a low step in height, and maybe the ride, but hey i love it alot still now ;)

you'll never be finished fam

you'll never be finished fam
yep, they aint ever fully done! though seeing it like this makes me reminiscing of the stock day slol some great memories stock too! lol pat of me wants to get another one to leave stock but nah lol i know myself ill build it anyways lol but it all went by so fast ;) they grow up so fast! :D

yep, they aint ever fully done! though seeing it like this makes me reminiscing of the stock day slol some great memories stock too! lol pat of me wants to get another one to leave stock but nah lol i know myself ill build it anyways lol but it all went by so fast ;) they grow up so fast! :D
i like stock cause its easier to fix lol

thanks man

Oh hell no, never done! But they get to a point that they are done for a while, I got to that point on mine, then the chains happened lol
Stock certainly is easier to fix, and less to be worried about to.

i like stock cause its easier to fix lol
fair, fair. but something about built too ;)
Oh hell no, never done! But they get to a point that they are done for a while, I got to that point on mine, then the chains happened lol
Stock certainly is easier to fix, and less to be worried about to.
certainly, im at that point right now where theres not a whole lot to do, 33s can come later since need a regear, and what not, only tng would be the ptrax out back thats about it
definitely about stock, yeah. though this oen isnt that built its mild ;)

got new torsion keys and a set of shackles in yesterday... a treatsie! finally can get a 2" TT since the driver side was maxed out at 1"

also got new clear headlights in few days back. updates the look a bit, the old ones look like them glass ones! :D

View attachment 432380
what brand led headlights are you running?

have sylvania led in other vehicles though

how are the sylvania leds?
idk put em in like 2 mo ago on my grandmas car lol so it barely sees any night driving, but initial impression was bueno. have hikari on X and accord and they both worked so far for >2 year

idk put em in like 2 mo ago on my grandmas car lol so it barely sees any night driving, but initial impression was bueno. have hikari on X and accord and they both worked so far for >2 year
nice man ok sounds great

Back