New Product Dana 44 hub Locking nuts | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Product Dana 44 hub Locking nuts

DWD is in for 2 sets also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pin, what pin? The Pins on mine have been gone for years.. little dab of lock tight seems to do the trick.

~Mark
Mine has been gone too -- previous owner didn't assemble it properly and the pins were done. So I ran with it. But recently, after breaking the axle shaft, I got the tire off and checked how much play there was on the disc rotor and eeep :rolleyes:. Of course I didn't use LockTite but I definitely wouldnt have ran the rig again if I knew it had that much play.

Might as well put me in for both sides. 2 sets?

Pin, what pin? The Pins on mine have been gone for years.. little dab of lock tight seems to do the trick.

~Mark
I tried that once on a Blazer years ago and even with the blue locktite it eventually worked loose. I think it would be fine on a trail rig but im weary of doing it on a street driven vehicle IMHO.

I looked into these locknuts myself some months ago, they will NOT fit in the D35 hub housing, they are physically too big.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never once had the standard D35 bearing nuts come loose if you torque them to 225-250 ft-lbs (no Loctite either). Using the book spec. of 150 almost guarantees them coming loose however.

Put me in for both sides too.

if these fit a D35 then count me in for 2 sets as well

Put me in for a set
Cause I have had it with retighting those damm nuts

Ok here's a D-35 hub and the Stage 8 lock nuts. It doesn't look like it will work:(

Attachments

• DSC_0829.jpg
    DSC_0829.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,096
  • DSC_0830.jpg
    DSC_0830.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,030
  • DSC_0831.jpg
    DSC_0831.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,112

Anybody from San Rafael going to Truckhaven? We could probably use about 6 sets. It's only about an 11 hour drive.

It's only 15 miles from ME..

:D

So who is still in for a group buy for their Dana 44s? Jamie, are you still interested in managing a group buy?

If they make a set that would work on a Dana 35 I'd be in.. but since it won't fit in the D-35 warn hub I won't be able to use it as it is :(

~Mark

I can't see how they would scale it down since the actual nut is the same size between the 44 and 35. The lock is what interferes. I can't see making it fit and still keeping it strong.

I'm still in.

this is odd because they told me they had confirmed they work omn the D35 ttb

I will call them today after I finish my work

Can't see how... The hub would rest on their lock ring instead of on the rotor...

sign me up for a set too D44 after all those bearings may loosen up sitting in the driveway waiting for a new motor, lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back