Thanks CA - Blacked Out Plates for the Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thanks CA - Blacked Out Plates for the Sport

bburzycki

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Thanks to CA DMV and the re-introduction of the CA all Black Plates..

Untitled-1.jpg

One day I will put on my Black Emblems and it will be more complete.

Time - who has any of that anymore....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Black plates

Yes and YES I agree one of the best things Ca and DMV has done in a long time. I have had my black plates for about 2 months now I get lots of head turns and lots of people asking about them. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20150720_130010.jpg
    20150720_130010.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 443
  • 20150720_125944.jpg
    20150720_125944.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 443

looks badass. I thought black plates were only for historics. Guess not. They do look cool, esp on black vehicle.

The classic plates from the 60's are on re-release.

Those look great! Makes me want to get a black vehicle!

I guess only the 60's plates made the cut? I know they were needing to get a certain amount of pre-orders to go into productions on the 60s, 70s, etc.

6 Digits is interesting for CA - they are normally 7

I was waiting for CHP to pull me over on the way home

That is badass!! I am going to place my order for some black plates too, I just need something clever to put on them.:scratch:

And did you tint your headlights and tail lights? I was thinking about doing the same, at least with the orange markers on the headlights anyways.

That is badass!! I am going to place my order for some black plates too, I just need something clever to put on them.:scratch:

And did you tint your headlights and tail lights? I was thinking about doing the same, at least with the orange markers on the headlights anyways.

Thanks
yes I did tint top half of front and all of the tail lights. I also tinted the blinkers on the side mirrors

Thanks
yes I did tint top half of front and all of the tail lights. I also tinted the blinkers on the side mirrors

oh yeah, the side mirros look good after you pointed it our. I am thinking about having the top 1/2 of the front tinted too, how dark did you go?

Back