Englishtown, NJ Swap Meet & Auto Show: April 18-20, 2008 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Englishtown, NJ Swap Meet & Auto Show: April 18-20, 2008

V8BoatBuilder

Transplanted Bostonian
Reaction score
City, State
East Brunswick, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Mountaineer V8 4x4
http://www.etownraceway.com/main/08events/SpringSwap2008.pdf

Who's in? I think DJOR should make its first public appearance, and show NJ some lifted explorers.
General Admission is $10, 7am-6pm

Show for 4x4s is Saturday, April 19th.
Fee: $8 before March 15th, $15 after

We'd only be there for Saturday.

Discuss...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is very do-able. I can head home from college Thursday night, spend all day Friday detailing my rig, and show up Saturday. As I asked in the other thread, are there any requirements to show your truck?

A bunch of Explorers on 33s is pretty cool if you ask me....

Maybe we should scrap the wax and tire shine, and get them muddy on friday night :)

I think that would look tacky at a show, no? And I LOVE mud. :D

I'm 85% in on this, btw.

Id be interested in this as well, never been in a car show before. I can try out my new car wash and wax before hand and see how well it works.

Dan

there's no limits or anything for what you'll be showing. it can be stock or highly modified.

i'd recommend not doing the 'mud' thing.... it's pretty lame and there's a group of highschool kids with jeeps that do it every year. Trust me, it doesn't look good when you're parking next to some nice trucks up on 39-49" tires and trying to 'look cool' because you have some mud on yours, know what i mean?

in either case, its a good time and there's always good deals at the swap meet.

i bring a few chairs and a cooler full of beer :D

there's no limits or anything for what you'll be showing. it can be stock or highly modified.

i'd recommend not doing the 'mud' thing.... it's pretty lame and there's a group of highschool kids with jeeps that do it every year. Trust me, it doesn't look good when you're parking next to some nice trucks up on 39-49" tires and trying to 'look cool' because you have some mud on yours, know what i mean?

in either case, its a good time and there's always good deals at the swap meet.

i bring a few chairs and a cooler full of beer :D

Yup...its a crew of 4..i've seen them before.
BTW is this just for lifted trucks? computer won't allow to open the link:mad:

Alright then I'm def. in. I'd love too say I had my truck at a show. :D

And yea, I agree about the mud, like I said earlier, I wanna shine it up.

BTW, anyone have any pictures from past shows?

by far one of the best track i ever been to. i went there last summer for the water fest #13 best time i ever had.
ps. there was drinking and other things going on in the parking lot of the hotel cops didn't care. best cops ever :thumbsup:

BTW, anyone have any pictures from past shows?

I'll see what I have on my computer when I get home and upload them. Here's the only picture I have online now and its only of my truck... there was tons of trucks there in the fall.

Etown025.jpg

What's that trophy for??

Do we want to "promote" DJOR? A banner? Info? Etc?

I'll try and vacuum out the old French fries... :confused:

I'm pretty pumped about this. :D

A DJOR banner would be cool, but I don't know where we could mount it. Maybe just a standing fold board or something.

They give out a lot of trophies. I got the "peoples choice" for the chevy/gmc club (there weren't that many trucks in my category).

A banner representing the club is a good idea... i just found a link to some of the pictures that our CTW NJ Chapter President took; see if this works
http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ew/mygallery.asp?id=3662&album=21736

and here's his truck and how he represents our club:
269923.jpg

Thanks for the link Matt, sweet pics. :thumbsup:

I'll try and vacuum out the old French fries... :confused:

Sounds like what I will be doing... I guess it would be easier just to pull the seats and vacuum everything that way... And I guess I should finalize and paint my toolbox and subwoofer mounts and wiring....

Dan

I'm gonna try to buy and install the black headlights and corners Monmix has on his truck and one of the guys from Alaksa has before the show. I've wanted them for a long time, and this will be my excuse to get the rig lookin' pretty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you guys should go to fordtruckworld.com and join up. After 20 or 25 posts you can officially join the NJ chapter. If you have friends with Dodges, have them go to dodgetruckworld and chevy/GMC to chevytruckworld. All 3 of our clubs do joint events and its a lot of fun (more locals than you think) :thumbsup:

Back