City bus fender flares? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

City bus fender flares?

I was thinking today, on my way to work. Why couln't I use the same stuff they use for city buses for flares? any body know where to get this stuff? Someones gotta have a big role or something :rolleyes:

trainee%20bus%20driver.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the one i put the pic up of seems like it would be way up out of the way. not much to bang into stuff, except when you scrape against a wall or something. and now that i think back to my one truckhaven run,.......bad idea......i almost popped a window out in the tunnel.....

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well I got one on... they will look better after they curve down a bit. They are shipped rolled together and were pretty flat right out of the box.

I get some more pics when they are all on & settled in.

I think the 3" ones might look better though...

Attachments

• flare-front.jpg
    flare-front.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 4,946
  • flare-rear.jpg
    flare-rear.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 4,661
  • flare-side-close.jpg
    flare-side-close.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 3,557

CG said:
Well I got one on... they will look better after they curve down a bit. They are shipped rolled together and were pretty flat right out of the box.

I get some more pics when they are all on & settled in.

I think the 3" ones might look better though...
Sweeet :thumbsup: they look AWESOME! Far better than I would have expected.... Which ones did you end up getting and did you get 4 pieces or the 25' roll?

For the money, they can't be beat :thumbsup:

You can cut a V-notch or two out of the back to make them curve a little better, but I was working around the guy putting in the new axles & just wanted to get them on & check 'em out.

I got the 4 piece kit, extra wide 4.5" heavy duty.

I think I will order the 3" ones with the steel rod in them, then I can shape them ;)

Chris you may want to try a heat gun to round them out.

Here's a few pics of the flares installed. I think they look really good, they could be curved a little more but that's mostly from my lazy install.

All in all, these things saved me a ton of money compaired to the Bushwacker ones :D

not as happy with my new Dixon Bros. CV's though... blew one up today while testing the new mods... :fire:

Attachments

• flare-flex.jpg
    flare-flex.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 22,992
  • flare-lift.jpg
    flare-lift.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 3,710
  • flare2-1.jpg
    flare2-1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 17,364
  • flare2-3.jpg
    flare2-3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 8,452

Whats with the gate wheel in the reciver :confused:

DeRocha said:
I have trimmed my front fenders and would need to re-weld a new lip in place...

Just hammer & dolly a new lip on your fenders. It would be way easier than trying to weld on a new lip. Plus it will make it more rigid/stronger as well.

I bought a set of the Pacer flares awhile back after I cut my fenders but I cut out too much and if I made a lip for them to mount on they would be too high for my liking so I said screw it :rolleyes:

CG those are way cool :cool: Every time I see them I drool....

DB_1 said:
Just hammer & dolly a new lip on your fenders. It would be way easier than trying to weld on a new lip. Plus it will make it more rigid/stronger as well.

I bought a set of the Pacer flares awhile back after I cut my fenders but I cut out too much and if I made a lip for them to mount on they would be too high for my liking so I said screw it :rolleyes:

I'll give that a shot as I started doing that on one side..

does anyone know if, where or how i can get this product currently?

wow this is an old thread, but very intersting bc now i'm kind of wanting these for my truck.

that was a quick find. lol

lucked out. just googled universal fender flares and their they were.

If you find a bus prep shop, they have it. Up here the place is Hoekstra Truck Equipment, they do a lot of the school buses and city buses too. I'm sure there is someone closer, maybe they can refer you? CLICK ME

If you meant the flares on the rear of that bus, it looks like a Grand Marquis- and a large concentration of them can be found here: CLICK ME

:D

Just ordered a set from amazon along with some KC daylighters. the flares were 66 bucks for the heavy duty 2.5" with steel reinforcements set of 4:D

Back