Got tired of not being able to see | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got tired of not being able to see

The 1st gen lights suck. New housings, new bulbs...still have trouble seeing at night with the low beams. Installed a 32" LED light bar. It's aimed & has plenty of light to supplement the stock headlights. I don't think I'll get a ticket, but I rather not crash into someone & be able to see. The mounting hardware sucked, replaced with 2 Grade 5 bolts & lock nuts. It's not going anywhere now. It did come with thick rubber isolators though which was good. Limits vibrations.
It's a Ebay bar, Cree LED's. There's a relay. The trigger wire is spliced into the stock headlight to trigger on. Still in traffic compliance as it turns off when the highs are turned on.
The pattern is center spot & sides flood, but I mostly see just the spot likely because of the mounting. It's aimed a little down as to not be too bad for oncoming traffic. I'll adjust it as I get traffic feedback ;)
IMG_0178_zpsfveee7zj.jpg

Nothing that came out well. My pic taking skills also suck :)
It was $55 shipped. 180W. From what I read most of these are made in China even the US shipped ones. Most are around the same quality. I'm not looking to see for miles offroad, I just needed to supplement the lights. If it dies...not too bad of a hit.

Back