vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
here is the story. i had this motor in the truck and running with no problems before it ate the thrust bearing, and dug into the crank. got that fixed, put the motor back in, now i have little to no vacuum going from my boost gauge, and if i press the brake peddle it feels like i have manual brakes. the only changes are a water meth kit (which is working correctly) and bigger injectors (went from 42's to 60's). this is a 347 stroker with a eaton m112 supercharger on it.
have checked compression, its good (lowest is 170, highest is 180). i have the egr blocked off so there is no leak there. have tried pinching off the brake booster and pcv valve (valve is not old, maybe around 6 months and very little mileage), no change. all of the vacuum lines are new. all of my ports are brass fittings either pressed into, or tapped into the intake side of the supercharger, and i have sealed them with epoxy just for ease of mind. the cam was installed strait up, no advance, no retard. the vacuum bypass valve on the supercharger opens and closes like it should
any thing i am overlooking, or anybody have ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh, i forgot to add that i was able to pull the pcv valve off it while it was running an no vacuum was going into the hole that it sits in.

There should not be vacuum at the holt the pcv valve goes in to. There should, however, be vacuum at the bottom of the pcv valve.

Was the camshaft changed how much lobe do you got? Could be valve timing off? It's hard to say when not there it's just a guessing game at this point?

Tom

the issue turned out to be bad info being displayed. the tube going to the boost/vac gauge had a kink in it.

Ok thanks for posting update. Glad it was an easy fix.

Tom

Back