Question about what body parts will fit a 2000 Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question about what body parts will fit a 2000 Explorer.

I have a 2000 ford Explorer I recently wrecked. Does anyone know what years I can salvage parts from? I need front end body parts and possibly some suspension parts. In addition, I need both airbags. I know that some older models look the same but are they compatible?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What about newer gens fitting 2nd gen? Ranger and explorer alike... Anyone know?

What parts?

On a similar note (hate to start a new thread when this one seems appropriate). I bought a used receiver hitch that came off of a 95 Eddie Bauer Explorer. I went to put it on my 2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer and it won't clear the bottom edge of the bumper. The 2000 Bumper curls under and up. It will fit perfectly if that edge were to be trimmed off.

On a similar note (hate to start a new thread when this one seems appropriate). I bought a used receiver hitch that came off of a 95 Eddie Bauer Explorer. I went to put it on my 2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer and it won't clear the bottom edge of the bumper. The 2000 Bumper curls under and up. It will fit perfectly if that edge were to be trimmed off.

The bumper may need adjusting, or, that bottom bumper support piece can be removed. It is only needed for bumper towing. There may be a slight frame difference But I am not aware of it.
If you continue to have trouble,
I just removed the one from our 2000 and will not be putting it back, it could be powdercoated your color.

Sounds like you have a few issues going on, if you can break free sometime we'll try to get together and look. I might be headed that way soon, maybe we could stop by.

I didn't see any additional bracing for the bumper other than the 4 bolts holding it to the frame. But the bumper itself curls under and then back up. Its this curl that is blocking the hitch from going high enough to reach the mounting holes. If I could get it high enough it'd fit perfectly. If I can't get it mounted I'd be interested in your hitch. I just painted mine basic satin black.

I am off work this weekend, no plans made yet.

What parts?

Im referring to body parts (doors, fenders, grill, headlights etc). I'm about to put all these on my truck due to a accident so u figure might as well throw on a different front end.

So I just got a 2001 X sportfender out of the JY. On my way out I compared it to a 2002 x sport fender and they looked identical. aren't the 2001s and 2002-05 supposed to be different even though they look exactly Alike

So I just got a 2001 X sportfender out of the JY. On my way out I compared it to a 2002 x sport fender and they looked identical. aren't the 2001s and 2002-05 supposed to be different even though they look exactly Alike

Yours is a Sport, they changed slightly for the '01 model year (the Sport Trac was based on this design) and stayed the same until Ford stopped building them (somewhere in the '03-'05 range) The 4dr models stayed the same for '01 then changed into a totally different animal in '02.

Will a 2003 explorer sport door fit a 2000 explorer sport? Driver side 2 door. If not what years will

Hi all,

I have some severe rust on my tailgate hatch on my 2000 Ford Explorer Limited and its at the point that I believe it won't be an easy fix that will last a long time. So I've been looking for a new tailgate altogether. What I have been getting from this thread is that I could purchase a 1998 tailgate that has the correct color, moulding, glass tint, and wiper details as my current vehicle and it would fit my explorer. Is that correct?

Would a bumper from a ford ranger fit my 02 ford explorer sport two door? Because I want to lift it and have an aftermarket bumper with a winch but im not seeing any for my explorer specifically. And also would a lift kit from a ranger work?

ranger bumpers will not fit explorers
A ranger aftermarket winch bumper can be MADE TO FIT an explorer
This requires welding new mounts 2" higher then the ranger

Some 98-11 Ranger suspension kits will work on the front end of the 96-01 explorer yes

ranger bumpers will not fit explorers
A ranger aftermarket winch bumper can be MADE TO FIT an explorer
This requires welding new mounts 2" higher then the ranger

Some 98-11 Ranger suspension kits will work on the front end of the 96-01 explorer yes
Thank you for the info. I do have another question. Is there a kit to convert from leaf springs to actual shocks?

Back