Wheel & tyre package for 2015 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel & tyre package for 2015 Explorer

smarty156

Reaction score
City, State
Scarsdale, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited AWD
Hi.
I was living in the US last year/this year and had a 2015 Ford Explorer.
As I was in New York and winter was very bad I bought a set of winter wheels and tyres (Pirelli Ice & Snow tyres). When I moved back to the UK in June I didn't have time to sell them in the US so I brought them home to the UK.

Anyone know the best way to sell them? Not sure if the wheels will fit anything else? If not, I could sell the tyres with free wheels!

Thanks

Martin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Martin, have you got any pictures of them? What are the tyre sizes?
Cheers Kev.

I'm looking for something new for the winter. I think there will be a good few people on here that will be interested.

I'm looking for something new for the winter. I think there will be a good few people on here that will be interested.

You go for them Si, I've just had a new set of Cooper Discoverer 3's fitted.

They're in storage at the moment. About to move house so they'll be in my garage in the New Year. Can't remember tyre size at the moment but think I have some pictures somewhere so I'll dig them out and post back. They are 18 inch alloy wheels with TPMS sensors.

Found my order on Tirerack.com.
The wheels are Sport Edition TK5 18X8 5-114 ET45 (pretty sure they're actually 114.3 PCD as that's the fitment for the 2015 Ford Explorer). Came with centering ring to suit plus 315 Mhz Tire Pressure sensors and silver metal valves.
Here's a link to pictures:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...del=TK5&wheelFinish=Silver+Painted&tab=wheels

The tyres are 245/60R18 Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow. Only used for about 4 months in snow so hardly used at all. The package was shipped to me at the beginning of January 2015 and I put them straight on the car. They came off around the end of April I think once the snow finally disappeared.
Unfortunately my current car (Zafira Tourer) has PCD of 115 and it's currently on 19 inch wheels. Even if I found some 18 inch wheels to fit the tyres are supposed to be 235/45x18 maximum so these would be too tall and too wide.

Back