LOM fix with pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LOM fix with pics

Just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to you guys here. I was able to solve a problem that my sister in law has been fighting for a few months. She was cursed with the Drivers side headlight out. She asked me to take a look and to be honest i just assumed it would be a fuse or a lamp out..i checked both and neither was wrong...i logged in here and in literally 10 minutes...problem answered. I got a spare LOM out of a junker. It was also busted ( suprise suprise) and I fixed it with some solder and then swapped them out. Here are pix of the junked one that went in ( that works now !) and the one that came out...I found it funny that they were not broken in the same spot..LOL

Junked one re-soldered and ready to go in..and all my electrical junk in the background..i have a patient wife LOL
resolderjoba.jpg

Close up of the same LOM
resolderjob.jpg

Closeups of the busted board that came out of her 97 EB Explorer
bustedpoint.jpg

bustedpoint2.jpg

I hope that these pics can help someone else fix their problems...It feels good to be the hero now and again:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Added your fine pics ect. to the other FAQ thread.
Thanks to you too.

where is this thing located i have the same problem

found it and mine was burnt out on one prong:thumbdwn:
im going to try and soider it and ill post if it worked ...

update soidered it and now the headlight works

found it and mine was burnt out on one prong:thumbdwn:
im going to try and soider it and ill post if it worked ...

update soidered it and now the headlight works

So where is it, just curious for future referance?

it is under the plastic trim on the floor board under the driver information center.( the thing that tells you your oil life etc). It is a black plastic box and it is screwed down over to the right IIRC. It was really easy..it took longer to check the board after i soldered it than it did to do the remove/replace.

Make sure you get a multimeter (best 20 bucks you will ever spend) and check for continuity across all of the printed circuit board leads and the soldered points!

Thank you lunchboxx, your solder repair worked and fixed my sis's 96 limited light out module, driver side head light out issue

LOM Module

Re-soldered pins # 1 and #11 . Works like a champ ! Thanks to all who posted this info !!

Back