bye bye pinstripe. Comments? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bye bye pinstripe. Comments?

I finally got motivated to remove the pinstripe after my last little "fishin" trip with Albino94ltd. His White x just looks too clean without the stripe, so what could I do but come home and strip it down?

The pics are a little dark as they were in my tiny little garage, but take a peek, and tell me what you think.

20122000_0141.jpg

20122000_0139.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's About Time!

What took you so long???

I started to clay bar the White One this afternoon, but lost my motivation.

I may have just gotten it back. :bounce:

After I meet a buddy for an early morning bike ride tomorrow I don't have much else to do but finish it up.

Then it'll really be white. :p

Looks a lot cleaner. Did mine last summer.

Well it certainly doesn't look bad. I took mine off a month or 2 ago. I liked the look and wish I had them still, but I don't even notice that they're gone. They peeled and started to look like crap anyways.

Comparing it other pictures with the stripe, I like it more without it. I love that color blue too

Albino 94LTD said:
I started to clay bar the White One this afternoon, but lost my motivation.

I may have just gotten it back. :bounce:

After I meet a buddy for an early morning bike ride tomorrow I don't have much else to do but finish it up.

Then it'll really be white. :p
yeah i just clay bared mine today with the mothers gold clay bar it looks nice once i clayed it then waxed it but unfortune natly it will probably get muddy again :( :D the paint is real smooth to though the dust doesn't stick as easily as it did be for the was and clay u can just wipe it of with a soft cloth

looking good.

I repainted my car expecting to put a pin strip and the door moldings back on......

well 7 months later, the ones i had are still sitting in the box. I like the cleanliness of having them removed.

His White x just looks too clean without the stripe

How can something look too clean?!?! :smoke: I took my stripes off my white X and love it. The only problem is people keep asking why I sold my X and bought an Expedition. :hammer: Pics are in my sig.

Back