DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
Several of my body mounts have deteriorated to the point the washer at the bottom rusted away. I want to replace them and purchased a Daystar Body mount kit for my 1st gen. Unfortunately the kit only contains the bushings and NO hardware.. The instruction diagram shows the washer thing to actually look like a champaign glass (where it acts like a washer, but also passes through the center of the bushing.). So before I go tearing out my old body mounts I would like to know if I need to get additional hardware (and where to get it).

I would appreciate it if anyone has pictures of body mounts and hardware or could point me in the correct direction.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

John,

How soon you need pictures, I'm supposed to take delivery of a stock set of body bolt from X-Kid today via UPS.

If so I can then remove my 3" BL and drop it back on the frame and be able to get you some pics by this weekend.

Jeff - :navajo:

That would be sweet... I was hoping to replace a few at a time (the easy ones ;) ) and see how they go together, but my Daystars are 1/4" bigger than the stock ones. As such I think I may need to replace them all at once...

Ok...Here is a picture of a my hardware. As you can see it is bad shape and needs to be replaced. Anyway do I really need to get this hardward from Ford, or can I just replace it with grade 8 stuff from the hardware store? I already have the bushings and Ford only sells the flanged piece with the bushing ($20 a pop :eek: )
18205Body_Bushing_hardware-med.jpg

After examining the old OEM hardware I decided regular hardware would work just fine with my new Daystar Bushings. I went on line and found the The Bolt Depot. I picked up 10 each of the following hardware (all grade 8 except the dock washers):
  • Bolts 1/2" x 6"
  • Nuts 1/2"
  • Washers 1/2"
  • Dock Washers 1/2" ID x 3" OD x (thickness=1/4")

Have you completed the body lift and do you have pics?

I'm not done yet, as I've run into several problems. I have lots of pics and will post...Hopefully I will have a chance to get things done this weekend.

See my DayStar Body Mount Thread for lots of info and pics. For some reason I can only edit my posts in this thread and cannot create a new one :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Back