• Register Today It's free!

Major roll

List of damge
-Bent frame, gas tank pushing into the rear drive shaft
-Bent wristed radius arm
-Bent rim, tire still holdig air
-All but three windows
-Roof colapsed about 1 to 1 1/2 feet
-Broken front Panhard bar, still salvageable with parts.
-Drivers side rock slider
-Not a straight body panel with the exception of the unscathed rear hatch.
-Drivers door no longer closes after being pryed open.

Everything else is good. Just need a new frame and body to transfer all the parts over. Didn't even break any lights.

Here's the story, as usual, as with my previous roll over, it is not very exciting. Driving dow a fire road at about 20 mph, I reached over to grab the CB mic from the passenger floorboard. I drifted right as I did this and the passenger side hit the supersoft shoulder of the fire road. I tried to correct, but to no avail we went over and ended up about 30 ft down up against a tree, upside down. The two boys were both on the passenger side and were out easy. I was pinned and it required a little bit of pressure from a wich to pull me off the roof a little to give me enough room to get out of the drivers side window.

It took three winches to get it out, but she still runs and moves under her own power. Of course, this was after I pulled the plugs and cleared the oil out of the cylinders.

I will post picture later when I get home.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes definately some pics, sry to hear that, glad everyone is ok :roll:

It pretty much flatteed out, but it was about another 20 yards to the river with a very gentle downslope. If the tree wasn't there, the frame probably wouldn't be bent, but we could have rolled more times and most likely causing injuries.

The notch on the tree was about a foot above where the slider ended up. I am thinking the truck was still airborne, we hit the tree upside down and then dropped straight down.

That SUCKS Kevin! But You're SO lucky the boys didn't get hurt.

Damage sounds worse than mine was. Can't wait to see the pics. :D

154MVC-517S1.jpg

154MVC-516S1.jpg

After roof was pushed up. Imagine it about a foot lower.
154MVC-515S.jpg

154MVC-512S.jpg

154MVC-511S.jpg

It's hard to tell, but that radius arm is not straight any more
154MVC-514S.jpg

Damn, that sucks. Glad to hear you're ok. This Saturday, a friend at work had a '96 Explorer and had a blowout (not firestones) doing about 80. He broke his neck and he's in a halo now. When he comes back to work, I'll post pics of it.

That sucks man... you could'a came up with a better story though ;) .. Glad you guys are OK.

So,,,,this is what you did last weekend off Tinkham Rd??

Glad I didn't stop by on my way to Montana.

Man Kevin that sux big time. :( Glad everyone is ok. Looks like your going to have to build some tree sliders for your next rig. ;)

Man, I'm sure glad you guys came out of that ok. How did the kids react to the roll??

Glad to hear veryone was okay. Now you have an excuse to go out and buy a ding king. :D

The slider is just rectangular tubing. The kids had mixed thoughts. They were okay afterwards, but were a little upset while I was still trapped and nobody would let them back down the hill.

Rick, did you want that door back?

:eek: Glad your Ok Diff.

:nono: Should have kept the cross on the door!

Good job kevin, you certainly have a talent for rolling your vehicles. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back