4-Wheel Jamboree in Essex Jct, VT!! 8/6/05-8/7/05 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4-Wheel Jamboree in Essex Jct, VT!! 8/6/05-8/7/05

izackary

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Mazdaspeed6 GT
OK, guys. Time to let everyone in on the 4-Wheel Jambo coming up in August. The 4 of us that went last year had a blast, and most that didn't go chalked it up to short notice, so let this be your notice, nearly 7 months in advance! All the info at this point can be found at Family Events. Tickets are $12/day, $24 for both. Ticket prices for kids hasn't been posted yet, neither has a real event schedule. So far the plan is to camp out in FordExplorer157's folks' backyard since his newlywed brother will have moved into our basement pad from last year. Any questions, please get in touch with him or myself. Hope to see more of you up this year! If anyone has an off-road beater you can trailer up (ie: Fred), register for the tough truck stocker competition. Anyone who wants their rigs on display, fees will be up later, as well. I believe they were $50 per vehicle.

SEE YA THERE!!!

Saturday, August 6th - Sunday, August 7th. (Yes, it starts a day after my 24th b-day ;))

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BTW, here is the link to the thread from last year's jambo. It was loads of fun, with tough trucks, mud bogging, burnouts, monster trucks, mud drag racing, backwards car crunching, and hundreds of sick trucks to stare at, admire, and scrutinize. Unfortunately I've been informed that the Flying Pathfinder won't be back this year, and not for the next 4 years either. But who knows what this year will bring! John, you've GOTTA bring your kids to this! And Mike, this is a good way to get your son started on the right track. You may even find your long lost twin brother with the mutant 5.0L Tacoma. (Aaron, Tim and I know...:))

Hope to see a big crowd!!

I am going to Colorodo for 2 weeks this summer, not sure if it will conflict with the jabo. If not, consider me there!

Note There will be no Bachlor party this time! :( If we have to many people I am considering haveing all of us camp at a camp site. So we can have a fire. We always have the option for hotels. But they seem to be expensive around the Jamboree time. I am thinking in terms of people useing my parents shower would be alot. My brother, his girlfriend, my mom, Dad me and anyone else. So we might have to take the Hotel Idea into Consideration. We could Camp one night, then the 2nd night stay in a hotel. Ideas? Suggestions? I know we had alot of fun last year. Who knows if Tim will be comeing this year. He does not know how to return phone calls!

Planning early! I'm not sure about my summer plans yet - this is over 8 months away!

it's less than 7. :D

I just called Tim's house and he's working till 7. I'm expecting a call soon after or I'll call again.

izackary said:
it's less than 7. :D

I just called Tim's house and he's working till 7. I'm expecting a call soon after or I'll call again.

Ha ha Tell him he owes me like 6 calls back when you talk to him. :D

I was talking to Ike online, and we thought that N.E.X. could enter a few of our trucks onto the field - would be a great way to show people that explorers are for more than the mall around here. Also, it would be a pretty sweet "launch" for the club.

Yup. People wonder why buy an explorer to wheel? The real question is how do we get the most fun out of our daily drivers? Even stock, they're very capable. Throw a little bit of money at it (you're going to anyways!) and you can have a little more fun. People may joke at us for having wimpy 4x4's compared to their CJ's and Unimogs, but I must say mine has been rather reliable and very liveable considering all the mileage i heap on it. We find out ways to really have fun with America's best selling SUV.

V8BoatBuilder said:
I was talking to Ike online, and we thought that N.E.X. could enter a few of our trucks onto the field - would be a great way to show people that explorers are for more than the mall around here. Also, it would be a pretty sweet "launch" for the club.

I am willing to put my explorer in. I am not going to leave it alone not attened! But that means we would not be watching the Jamobree. Dont know.

Also if we plan on putting our X's in the Jamboree we better get some damn decals

Hmmm, not sure. I know I definately plan to spend time around the grandstand. :)

I say if we camp one night. that everyone brings something to eat. Steaks and etc and we can grille them on the fire! Muhh hahaha

THE PRESIDENT IN EXILE HAS RETURNED!

its on the website, along with all of the other updates that i havent gotten to in the last, um, eternity.

oh, and im in. ill bring the keg.

FourXFred said:
THE PRESIDENT IN EXILE HAS RETURNED!

its on the website, along with all of the other updates that i havent gotten to in the last, um, eternity.

oh, and im in. ill bring the keg.

Its about time you show up! Did you check out the thread I made about the NEX Music Video? I need pics of your X

or better yet, crazy ranja pics! :thumbsup:

i'm most likely in :thumbsup:

so long as i'm not beer *****

Need Info On The Jamboree

When And Where Is It

JIMBO94B4K said:
When And Where Is It
C'mon, man, are you for real? All ya gotta do is read the title! August 6-7, Essex Jct, VT. :banghead:

:p

btw, welcome aboard the site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, I'm out. I am going on vacation to colorado to visit with family for two weeks in august. I am leaving to go there the 3rd or 4th of August so I won't be able to make it.

Back