Look what I got!

bmxking5

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
Tonight my dad drove home a pretty nice lifted Wrangler from work. It had 33s, susp. lift, sway bar disco., and a bunch of other stuff. In the back, there was a 48" Hi-Lift and since that isn't something that is going to help sell the Jeep I got it for free. :cool: The funny thing about this is that I was about to buy someone else's for $35 in the next couple of weeks. Now I just have to figure out if I'm going to buy a roof rack to mount it on or keep saving and put it on a spare-tire carrier rear bumper. :D

Attachments

• Hi-Lift Jack1.jpg
    Hi-Lift Jack1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 685

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FREE!!! man you got really lucky, i wish i could get one of those for free!

Nice man!! It's hard to complain with free... I think I'm going to end up getting one at Sportsmans warehouse... but I'd rather save the $50 and buy a mount to put it in my bed. Enjoy it... now you gotta break 'er in!!

is that the 100th anniversary eddition jack? Looks like it is from teh picture.

From what I can tell, there isn't anything on there that says it is the 100th anniversary ed. jack. Where would it say it at?

nissanboy said:
is that the 100th anniversary eddition jack? Looks like it is from teh picture.
The anniversary jacks are green.

Oh, ok. Mines black.

I would be careful leaving mounted all the time as they like to rust up if the get wet. I left my jack in the back of my truck once and after that it was a PIA to use it the next few times.

Be careful with the black jacks. I have seen soo many of them bend. They are not nearly as strong as the red ones. One is cast and the other is stamped. Free is hard to beat though man.

I got one of the 60" Jackall ones for 15 bucks LOL

My dad has about 5 or 6 different sized ones, they are easy to come by.

Now the question is, how to properly use one? What's the best mounting place to lift an Ex for tire changes? What's the best mounting place to get underneath the Ex (properly chocked, of course ;) )? Any help would be great!

To lift mine, I'll put it under the new sliders I'm getting this week :D :bounce:

Castees said:
Now the question is, how to properly use one? What's the best mounting place to lift an Ex for tire changes? What's the best mounting place to get underneath the Ex (properly chocked, of course ;) )? Any help would be great!
A highlift is pretty useless on a stock Ex unless you buy their accessories to hook up to the bumper or the wheel. If you have fabbed up bumpers or sliders, a highlift is a good thing.

RangerX said:
A highlift is pretty useless on a stock Ex unless you buy their accessories to hook up to the bumper or the wheel. If you have fabbed up bumpers or sliders, a highlift is a good thing.
A frame mounted hitch would be OK, wouldn't it?

NO!

jacking form the center of the vehicle with a pole type jack is not smart... weight can easily shift to one side or the other causing the hack to fall over and kick out and the truck to hit the ground. YOu need to lift from the middle only if it is absolutely necessary. Most the time you want to lift from teh sliders, or rockers.

Never thought of that :confused: Like I said, NEVER use a hi-lift on the hitch :D

Back