project green meanie | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

project green meanie

hi all!

i just picked up some uni-mog 404 diffs that i am putting in my 94 explorer..
i am using 16"air shocks in the front with either a 3 link or a one link :eek:
the rear i am up in the air with..it is definatly getting linked,but i am trying to do it without moving the gas tank..
it is auto,and obviously that scares me..i was thinking of going with the c-4/5 combo...what transfer cases were offered behind those trannys?i would like to have a doubler made,buy it might not be nessasary because the diffs are geared 7.54!but i was thinking that i might need the length of a doubler to make the super long mog pinion work.i am planning on pushing the front end way forward...
i will run the unimog 20" rims with 39.5 iroks...and i want to try out tractor tires in the winter,i think they will rock in our sloppy forrest trails here on vancouver island...
how far back will i have to move the rear diff to clear 39.5's with good articulation?
i am willing to chop the rear wheel wells strait out the back if nessasary..
the top will be choped behind the rear doors,and i am going to try to graft the upper half of the hatch back on there...think it will work?
exo cage also..
as soon as i get my camera working again i will get some shots of what i'm working with...
thats it for now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like a crapload of work, but it will be killer, u could climb a mountain

ya should be good!
i have to have it done by the end of summer for a trip to the rubicon we have planned..shouldn't be a prob..

if i get some pics,could i e-mail them to someone to post them for me?i have no idea how to do it!

green meanie said:
if i get some pics,could i e-mail them to someone to post them for me?i have no idea how to do it!

ANY!!!! pics you get of this or parts, Email to me at CalebHartline@gmail.com and i can host them, jsut besure to say what your U/N is and what thread this is for.....

Signing up for pics.

ok,i will find some battery's for the digi and download what i have later..thanks!
but keep in mind that i am just starting to collect parts for this project.

subscribing for pics/updates :)

i have some pics if i could e-mail them to somebody?
i sent them to explorerkid,but no reply in a few days..

oh,and i picked up some double convoluted(sp) air bags for the rear suspention...they only have 8 3/4" travel,but i am going to put them half way up the rear links,so that sould double there effective travel.
hopefully a side effect of the bag being half way up the link will be if i drop a link on a rock real hard,it should be transfered right to the bag,rather than trying to bend the link...think that's a good theory? :D

Wow, this sounds like quite the project, definately post those pictures, I would volunteer but my internet access is satelite and it SUCKS.

Sounds like a great project. FYI, if you become elite, you can post your own pics. :)

Subscribed. Can't wait to see this beast.

Sorry for the delay, forgot to check my email the last few days, been kinda busy.... Heres the pics you sent me...

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

Resized more than i thought, maybe later ill make them bigger.....

thanks for posting those!

nice pics...
gonna be killer

thanks!
should be ripping all the suspension out this weekend...i have to wait 8 weeks for my 39.5 iroks!sucks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well,got a little farther.the stock suspention is gone,and the frame is cleaned and ready to go.
waiting on lots of parts now,but i got my 20"unimog rims,and my 39.5 x 13.50 x 20" iroks are here..might have the johnny joints and tube for the rear suspention by this weekend,so i might get a start at that..

Back