Big Bear 5-20-06 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big Bear 5-20-06

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Excellent :thumbsup:

My cell is (909) 648-4515.

... twiddles thumbs ...

Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

Pulled in a few minutes ago. Herd one of my tires leaking found a rock sliver in rear tire plugged it and its holding. I wil see in the morning if any of my tires are flat.
Thanks for the great time and all the tugs when I was stuck :confused:

Nate

Well, more or less just got in. Think everyone had a good day without too many problems (a overheated tranny, a flat tire, an ABS light that won't go off, and a few new scratches).
Thanks all for the great time, not to shabby for a simple day of wheeling. :thumbsup:

Now for some pictures. :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 224
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 213

And some more.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 324
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 316
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 340

Even more.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 280
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 286
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 293
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 287

Nice pictures :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What a day. Its a lot of work wheeling with you guys. :p Walking up to see whats going on, taking pics, spotting, winching/strapping, changing tires . . . I had a lot of fun :thumbsup:

However about halfway down from the mountain I managed to toast my front set of Hawk brake pads. Was exciting to say the least. :eek:
For whatever reason the tranny wasn't allowing engine braking. I got two turns worth of fading to notice that they were overheating. On the next turn the pedal went to the floor. Took a couple more turns using both lanes worth of road and used every inch of a ~300ft turnout to stop from 25mph. At that point they were smoking so bad it looked like I had an engine fire. I let them cool and continued on, a little more cautiously. The rest of the drive home was much less eventful. :eek:

I've got lots of pics I'll upload in the morning.

Holly ****!! no engine breaking = toasted brake pads :eek:

That sux

Great pics, Boomer. :thumbsup: I don't have many pics since I forgot about charging batteries Friday :rolleyes:, but I will post some in a few minutes.

Jefe said:
Took a couple more turns using both lanes worth of road and used every inch of a ~300ft turnout to stop from 25mph.
:eek: Sounds hairy. Leave it to you to sleepwalk through the trails and make the drive of the mountain the scary part :D. Glad you made it home safe.

Jefe what is wrong with your trans???

Jefe said:
What a day. Its a lot of work wheeling with you guys. :p Walking up to see whats going on, taking pics, spotting, winching/strapping, changing tires . . . I had a lot of fun :thumbsup:
Awesome recommendation for that secondary route on Gold Mtn. Took alot longer than I thought it would thanks to the curse of the 50ft stuck, but it was definitely alot easier having you with us! :thumbsup:

Jefe said:
Took a couple more turns using both lanes worth of road and used every inch of a ~300ft turnout to stop from 25mph.
Glad to hear that you made it home safe!

Once again, it was nice to meet everyone and I had an absolute blast!
Looking forward to doing it again sometime, (Nate please put your lift on :p and Shanon (sp?) no more bumper cars. :nono: Haha. . . lol)! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back