Reaction score
City, State
Morristown, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
Where is the PCV on a 92 6cyl?

Thanks,
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was looking in the photo gallery for a picture, but could only find one for the SOHC. I think that you might have the OHV. Here is the one on the SOHC:
1097010604-03.jpg

Thanks, yea I guess its an OHV.

I found it!! Drivers side valve cover.

Ohv Pcv

It's Located in The Same Area Of The Engine, Rear of the Driver's Side Valve Cover, Under The Edge Of The Upper Intake Manifold, Under The Vacuum Tree.

Is the difference in pictures on the OHV because the 91 is that much different than the 92 or because the Explorer is that much different than the Navajo?

I've also noticed that I don't seem to have an EGR on my 91 Navajo (manf in August 1990). Perhaps I don't see it? Do the OHVs have them?

Can you put a pointer or circle on the SOHC one, i believe its the one with the two hoses, but im not sure?

According to some posts I've seen here (do a search), EGR came into play somewhere around 1993, maybe sooner for CA cars?

My 94 has one, I'm not convinced that it serves any real purpose other than to generate codes when the components die. Of course, you can't remove it, because that would cause codes... :confused:

Mike

Just to add 1 more pic that helped me find it on my

2002 explorer 4.0L SOHC

200705202143071.png

1986 Ranger 2.3L EFI Gas
I've posted the topic with my username (bozo4ford) about all the problems I am having with engine stalling out,usually when it's cold.
This all started after a steam clean, replacement of new plugs,air filter, Cap/rotor,removing my(IACV) idle air bypass or contrlo valve, re-installing, thankfully. it passed smog, but when I start it cold and drive away, it stalls and runs really rough, but if I warm it up for about 20 minutes first, it doesn't seem to stall.

This could be anything. Fuel or Emissions,but most think it's a vacuum leak. I wanted to replace a few obvious problematic trouble areas like the PCV,or replace the EGR. I hope this PCV is not staring me in the face as well. Can someone please post a picture of where my PCV and EGR are located on my '86 ranger? Thank you!

Also, I need to replace my Fuel pressure relay connector switch with the pigtail wires to splive into my original wiring harness becasue where the wires connect to the bottom of this box, they are all corroded and looked like they could have a little burn areas. The same with the relay next to it, Passenger side,between air filter box,and quarter panel fender wall. I believe this would be a Multi-function, or Multi-Purpose relay connector switch. I need connector pig tails for both relays, not the top.

The OEM top part that Ford and anyone else sells that plugs into this harness is
Fuel Pump Relay # F1HZ9345A
Multi-Purpose Relay # F8PZ14N135EA (is coming up as a Horn Relay from ROCKAUTO.COM) & HR367 from Autozone.

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=205&pictureid=1000

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was looking in the photo gallery for a picture, but could only find one for the SOHC. I think you might have the OHV. Here is the one on the SOHC:
1097010604-03.jpg

Thank you! I just finished this on my 97 Explorer EB Edition with 4.0L SOHC. Haynes manual showed the one on the valve cover only. And Dear Ford, why would you ever place this clear in the back and then have a T!?!?! I miss the valve cover installs :)

One question, the tube at the bottom of the T - where does that lead? It looks as though mine is starting to wear through but I did not dare yank it out because I could not see the end of it. There is a plastic clip that seems to hold the assembly which was not secured. I think when I replace the intake gasket/orings I will have much better visibility and increased working area.

I purchased the PCV from my local parts store and the plastic T did not fit well, (larger rib on Valve) when forced it broke and I had to run to the parts store for a 3/8" T-fitting and used another spare piece of 3/8" tube to join the T to the PCV valve.

Back