883 brackets | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

883 brackets

JIGAWHAAT

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys
Before I put a pa 853 bl on my 97 xlt I wanted to make sure I had everything I need. well I talked to someone from performance accessories about the rear bumper brackets not working. I asked him about the brackets from the 883 kit and he said they should fit. He also said if I shopped around I should be able to find the brackets sold seperatly from the kit. Well after shopping around with no luck I had someone email me from http://4wheelonline.com/ He said they would sell the part if I could find the part #. Well if he doesnt know the part # I sure as hell dont. I guess I could have made this post a whole lot shorter by just asking this. Does anyone know where I can order just the rear bumper brackets from the pa 883 bl kit.
thanks in advance
JIGA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can either order them thru Performance Accessories directly or you can make them or have someone make em.. I've attached the links front bumper & rear bumper brackets.

Attachments

• front_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg
    front_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 4,768
  • rear_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg
    rear_bumper_lift_brackets.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 4,953

Thanks
P.A. left me under the impression that I would have to buy them through an outside vendor. How do you order directly from them? This is one of the f.a.q. on there site:

6Q.) Does Performance Accessories sell kits directly to the public?

6A.) No we do not sell directly to the public. Our full product line is only available for purchase through one of our distributors.

If its only going to cost me $30 0R $40 ( im guessing here ) I would much rather just order them then make new ones or fab the ones in the 853 kit.
thanks again
JIGA

I believe if you e-mail them and tell them your bumper brackets were damaged after an accident, they will give you information regarding who to contact vendor wise to get replacements.

Digging up this thread because I now have the lift on and need to do the bumpers. I had no luck trying to order just the brackets so I am going to make some. My question is should I go with 1/4 " steel or something thicker?
Thanks
JIGA

I found a shop to do it for me. There cutting them for me right now. $30.00
for the fronts. It looks like I can just drill new holes in the back brackets that came with the kit. I am giving the shop the template I made for them for the front brackets in case someone here needs some made in the future.

I know this is a reaalllyy old topic, but I was just wondering if I buy the #833 instead of the #853, will I still need the brackets? (are the correct ones for the '97 xlt included in the #833 package?)

thats a 3 inch. what about a 2 inch? how do the brackets vary? can i just use the cheap ones the bl came with as a template?

Will those brackets be the same for a for ranger? I would assume they would be. I'm making my own 3" body lift, and I was wondering if anyone had any links to diagrams for anything else (rad mounts, etc.).
or the links to just the explorer lifts can give me a general idea of what I have to do.

Thanks.

The 94 Mazda uses a different body lift kit.. Its number 813 from Performance Accessories. As a result the body lift bumper brackets will not be the same for anything prior to 1998 for the Ranger.

oh, i was just wondering because the frames are supposedly the same from 83 up till 2000 or 2003, i've heard both those 2 year ranges. My trucks the same as a ford ranger, just different front grill.

Alright, thanks.

back to searching for a guide on making a 3" body lift. I got some steel pipe, enough to do the mounts.

Not 100% true, The 95-01 Explorer & 98-01 Ranger share a common bumper with frame horns on the frame on the front versus the 97 and below Rangers & 94 and below Explorers.

alright sweet, any idea where I could find a how to or DYI to making a body lift for any type of vehicle (good) or more specific my 94 ranger (best)?

Even just some templates would be good, anything is better then nothing. only reason I want to do this now is because i'm still in high school, and i have metal tech and auto shop so a hoist would make things easier.

ok for the kid who was asking aboua body lift I have personally done this to my truck and know poeple who have don it and it works use the hard yellow boat rollers for a body lift and it works really well just have to get longer bolts and build bumber brackets and this is the part that I need help for
I see the layout up above for a bumper bracket but that is for a 3 inch bumper lift I am looking to lift mine 4 inches to meet the rest of my body I have a ford ranger and is is a 1996 also is it normal for the bumper to be welded onto the frame beacuse mine is and I can't seem to get it off to put it on but I will cut it if I need too to get the beast off

the bumper brackets for the 883 kit did not work for my sport 99 explorer.... still figuring it all out. was told that i could flip the brackets or somthing? anyways i would rather buy a complete kit and have to fab the brackets than buy it peice by peice... more complete. steering extension and all

they should work. the front especially...the brackets that come in the kit should be a direct fit for the front. The brear bumper brackets flip upside down, and switch sides like you said and they will work. Ill go snap a couple pictures in a few and post them up here for people. Ill put them in my registry also.

the front brackets were flawless.. the rears on the other hand, well you know. if you could snap some pics it would be awsome. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is a few of the 883 rear bumper brackets. It's kind of hard to see but I think it will help alot of people. It looks like I turnd the factory brackets around too. Keep in mind If they look a little different I cut off the bottom part of the 883 brackets because they hung down past the bumper. If you mess with it enough you can get it to work. Only took me like 35 Min to figure it out. DONT DO ANY TOWING WITH YOUR BUMPER AFTER YOU DO THIS....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

HOPE THAT HELPS!

Back