Return from Pismo-Part deux '07

clarkkent

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
san luis obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
McNeil Mountaineer
the meet was pretty cool. i convinced everybody the second night to stay regardless if u had a camping pass or not. :) 270 fine if u didnt have one.
i took my truck out this morning, bypasses worked ammmmmmmm-aaaaa--zzzingg! the whoops were huge too! no rear bucking and hardly any rear hop. it just glides! i only got to do one quick run though, my makeshift battery tray broke and smashed my fan relay causing my electric fan to stop. :( but heres two pics i took this morning. :) my girlfriend has more.

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got back to my parents house in under 3 hours which was amazing, then on from parents house to home in long beach. I can only say that anyone that backed out of this trip definitely missed out. The last trip at the beginning of the summer was awesome, but this one was even better! My dad and i in my truck made it up at about 5PM on friday, got ready for the beach, aired down, only to find that the campgrounds were booked full for the entire weekend. So we got a day pass, went out on the dunes for about 10 minutes, then went out to meet up wtih Tbars. We spent the rest of the evening figuring out where to park for the night and we ended up down the 101 freeway at a truck stop. The next morning we headed back up to pismo, and that's where the events of the weekend blur together. Eventually we met up with R.J. (i am still unclear whether R.J. is one person or father and son, or father and son plus justin), and then arvin came along. A few other vehicles with a few people in each tagged along later. I had a blast out on the dunes in my truck, I did get stuck 3 times, but that just added to the fun. The third time i got stuck, i was REALLY stuck, with my rear bumper sitting on the ground, the right rear tire about a foot deep in the sand, and my left front up in the air. R.J.'s fullsize 4x4 bronco wasn't enough to pull me out. It took the bronco, a 4x4 silverado, and 5 or 6 guys pushing from the back to get me out.
Picture019.jpg

After about a half hour stuck I was finally free, almost got stuck again, then made my way back to camp. From there everyone said their goodbyes, and proceeded in their own directions. All in all the weekend was the best yet, and like R.J., I am already anxiously awaiting the next trip. I will post the rest of my pictures as soon as my dad emails them to me.

HAHAHA, I didnt even see that on my windshield this morning. That will crack my dad up when i show him that!

Looks awesome! I am hoping to make it down there late next month! :cool:

haha yeh i was gonna put it on tbar's truck, but he woke up before i could do it. u guys were the last one to wake up. hehe. i took it off before u guys woke up. :)

more pics!!!

....i just got back from leaving clarkkent's house about 2p.m....it took exactly 5 hrs up and 5 hours back...16 mpg on highway...i hit santa barbara and crawled all the way to the 405 home...actually, both directions, same area's...gas was 2.69 when i left my shop, 3.06 up there, and 2.67 when i got home...this is actually the second time my truck had been on the freeway...my truck went to cleghorn/2n17x 2 weeks ago and the total milage was 150 miles round trip...this time, 225 miles one way and the truck gives you sea legs, lmao...i love that gangster lean 4 ways going down the road...i had a blast and i did some chauffering for the ladies, lol...:D...my truck did great on the dunes and never a threat of getting stuck and i had no problems climbing either, woohoo...i did serve as the tow-out vehicle and i'm sorry mounty, you need to get your truck and c.b. down to my shop...;) i got some pics but not as many as usual as everyone was wheeling all over and having a blast...i will post later tonight, i got to unpack and eat first...

everyone else, post your stuff here...and i'm glad everyone made it home safe...

Chillin
Picture017.jpg

Still stuck...guess I need to learn how to take a picture
Picture020.jpg

And my average mileage on my way home...possibly the best i've ever seen it :(
Picture023.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality, this was with my camera phone. I'm still waiting on my dad's pictures, be patient.

Man, everytime I am writing a new post, someone beats me to it! Anyway, yes tbars, my next purchase will be a cb radio, it would have come in handy several times this weekend. When i get my hands on one you can have the honors of hooking it up :) Then the following purchase will be some sort of differential, as i am sure the clutches in my stock traclock are worn, that sure would have helped in the stuck pictures above.

...i was out patrolling with the girls cause clarkkent called and his phone cut out...but from the smiles on yours and your dad's face, i say you getting stuck was trivial..i did run into the boys in the broncos right after you got unstuck...i think we need to maybe make the next run during the week...

Looks good. I am still hoping to get out there and make a run with you guys. Looks like a great time. However with school im gonna be stuck in TN for a while.

Well if the next run is during the week, i might have to wait until winter break at the end of december and january...dont know if i can wait that long. Maybe just making reservations on a non-holiday weekend will do the trick.

... all are invited and yes, reservations would be a plus...i was just thinking of when we got out there saturday morning and you couldn't see any of the drive thru lanes at the campsites as they were all full of stuck vehicles and they set their tents up right there...what a zoo, lmao...
...anytime in a month or three is fine with me...come to think of it, i was the only X in the group...:D

yeh cant wait till the next meet, hopefully we can get the sandrail to work perfectly next time. hehe and new battery tray for my mercury.

...lmao, i thought someone said last night you were getting tired of pismo...we'll get your toolbox of tools and minor parts set up for your buggy and all is good...it seems like pismo is always to short of a stay for me...next time i think i will go up on a thursday night and come home early monday...:D
maybe we need to start working on a date for part-tres???(SP)

btw, froader, you and your pop's, tom, and white96x were all missed...we talked bad about ya though, lmao, j/k...

C'mon let try for a part trey :D but it suck i could not make it tho but duty calls but on the bright side i got to start working on the X today :D that made me a little happier this weekend.

...a couple of teasers as i am beat...i'll post more tomorrow eve...the first is saturday morning, parked in long, long, line at the camping area, at the waters edge, because all the camping area roads are blocked...the second pic is of a tonka truck, a ford tonka truck...:D and third, no one had a problem finding me with my red e.b. fenders...i heard they could tell it was me from across the dunes...a good thing??? :scratch:

pismoaugust001bug1.jpg

pismoaugust026bvl6.jpg

pismoaugust025blf8.jpg

...ok, i got some time today between business so i'll post as i can..,in the first pic above we were parked after mile marker 4 as the line in was stopped and there was a line stopped heading out from the people who went to the end and turned around, so everyone was just sitting...we turned around and the thought was we would head back to just before mile marker 2 as that was the only place to park...in the meantime, i would lok for the drivelanes and see if we could find a spot to get thru to the dunes...we got down by bathroom B and i seen a semi stuck with a trailer in what looked like a possible lane...there were three big trucks with trailers side by side blocking the view to the semi from the beach...i jumped out and on foot went between the trucks, the semi and seen that it was another drivelane...in the drivelane was a bunch of stuck trucks and trailers with stuck cars in between but, there was just enough room width wise to fit thru...i wish i had a pic of the peoples faces as the line of us drove thru that mess to get to bathroom B were we sat waiting to group up...we hung tight together as this was also the main run to get to the dunes and this bathroom was the stop for everyone on the way in and out to the dunes...then this ladie walked up to us about twenty minutes later and wanted to make sure we left the twenty foot lane open so they could get out, lol...needless to say the boys convinced her if we parked next to their truck we would be out of the way...a killer campsite that was huge and already roped off was found...:D

yeh people there dont have any clue on how to drive. there are designated areas of actual roads that people are taking everrrry second and people think its a place to camp. like when we were leaving, that stupid trailer parked right in font of that entrance, so that he could buy some parts at the "pitt stop" shop. what a friggin idiot. im glad i had my p.a. on extra loud. and the newbie billy badass quad riders who dont have any clue theres other traffic and that nothing can happen to them. i was going about 40 through the whoops, and some kid i swear to god, saw me, looked at my face and started to just drive across in front of me. then he looked at me, like i was the one who was supposed to stop.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha and yeh i do get a little pismo tired after awhile, i only go out on special ocasions. :)

Back