Rausch Creek Sept 29-30

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Alright fawkers, this is the date. Its not getting changed unless no one can make it. I will be wheeling, who else is coming?

Im planning on running saturday, camp on site sat night and wheel again on sunday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll make it!

Heres the skinny on the park...

Camping.
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/overnight.php

1. Its free.
2. BYOB.
3. Its free and on site (no drive to the park in the morning, you wake up in the park.)
4. Its primitive, no running water, porta-pots are at the office (.5 mile away but you can drive a rig there.)
5. Its free.

Trail maps.

East property
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/maps/east.jpg

West property/South property
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/maps/westlg.jpg

I defiantly want to get to the south property, it was new in june and I have heard alot of good things about it. IZ, first trail on the list is Jotters. Its right at the entrance, how can we resist? :D

Membership.

To enter the park you must be a member. To become one its a $10 annual fee. On top of that, entrance is $30 per vehicle, $5 for passengers. So if you are already a member, its $30. If its your first time, its $40.

I will be there. I'm pumped as hell. :D

If I'm bringing a passenger the total would be what, $45? And we can split that I guess.

BTW, I can't overnight it the 28th into 29th. 29th into 30th I could do, or just come up early the 29th, wheel, and head home at night.

Im not planning on overnighting friday night, I live 1.5 hours away so ill just come up saturday morning and head home sunday night. Your welcome to do whatever.

Thats the other thing, everyone MUST BE AT THE PARK before 10 saturday morning. We need to sign waivers for camping and the office closes around 10 so it makes things much easier if you are there in time. IM planning on being there at 9 so I can get everything ready and head out as soon as everyone is registered.

I'm 1.5 away as well. I can be there as early as I need to. I'll have to get back to you all on the overnight, gotta see what my buddy wants to do.

As long as Morgan doesn't practice the new trick he picked up at Big Dogs ("Sit! Stay! Roll Over! Good boy!"), I'll definitely be there. My birthday's the wednesday before, so this is my present to myself :D I'll be up Saturday morning and spend the night at the campground with the rest of you nut jobs.

IZ! Come here, I have something to show you :D
http://www.marylandcreepers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31539

Here's the official Big Dogs site:
http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/index.php

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that it's almost a given that someone blows an engine in the mud pit every year :D ;)

I'm leaving Friday afternoon for the Main Jamboree... I've gone for the last two years and it's never disappointing, lol. It's pretty much a drunken redneck wheeling fest that's chock full of non-stop hilarity and quality bonding time with some really sneaky trees and rocks. The Creepers are one of the goofiest bunch down there, but they're always outdone by the shenanigans of KGB and the Jeep Alliance clubs. I've never been on the lower level trails- before now I've always ridden with my best bud in his Yota on the 4-6 levels, which can be really challenging. You're more than welcome to shack up with all of us in Camp 6, just don't be the first one to fall asleep ;)

anybody got room for my dumb ass?

There's always room .. I'm sure I'll have at least one seat.

i gotta work that sat...:(

perhaps.... although in that case ill just have to see how that week goes
the way these last few months have been who knows

I will be there. almost definately a ride along. I hope to have the tracker drivable by then but it wont be near big enough to keep up.

i guess now that your back imma really have to try to drag my but out there on sun, huh?

I may not be out until Saturday night now, but by Gum I'll be there Sunday for sure! Micah, maybe you and IZ should run the hard stuff Saturday and get it out of your systems so that the rest of us who DON'T want body damage can take medium trails on Sunday.

Glad to see your back Rook!

I'm going to work my azz off to get my rig done by then. Not sure what my work schedule will be next month, but I'm gonna do my best.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may not be out until Saturday night now, but by Gum I'll be there Sunday for sure! Micah, maybe you and IZ should run the hard stuff Saturday and get it out of your systems so that the rest of us who DON'T want body damage can take medium trails on Sunday.

Im not going to say it.... I promised I would be nice... AHHHHHH!!!!!

Body damage.....

DSCN1644_Small_.jpg

Alright flipper, you keep that body nice and straight like you have in the past. It needs them to win the car shows and stuff. (But try and keep all the tires on the ground at the same time, K?)

And just because its a hard trail doesnt mean your going to get body damage. When I ran Jotters (Red trail) I didnt dent a single panel.

fawkdancesmileyuw1.jpg
(Best smiley I could find for this case)

Back