Colorado might be the best state ever... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado might be the best state ever...

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
Hey all! I just moved to Boulder on Thursday, and pretty much love the state already. Grew up in Iowa, lived in downtown Chicago for grad school and couldn't get out of there soon enough! I just wanted to say hey to all the fellow Coloradoans (might not be proper grammar, lol) out there, I'm always down for meeting new people :) Ah, and more importantly, I can finally justify having an Explorer (well maybe not to some of the green Boulderites though haha)...

-Jenni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds good, i'm always down for a beer or 6 :D

just saw i posted on the thread you started about moving to CO awhile back... little did i know after graduating i'd end up here, it had always been somewhere i'd considered living. i lucked out with getting a job interview out here, and my killer charm didn't hurt to help me get hired, ha ha.

how do you like fort collins?

There are quite a few members sprinkled throughout the northern Colorado area.

I am up in FC, the same as Hokie.

how do you like fort collins?

Its alot of fun. Pretty active community, really bike friendly. Kind of a "Boulder - Lite" as you get all the fun with 1/2 the guilt (from the goodie goodie yuppies) ;)

If it was closer to Summit county/skiing, I'd say its perfect :cool:

You guys make me mad!!! "O we should meet up for a beer some time" I'd be down to meet up but I don't know how many people would aprove of a 17 year old drinking in public...

But we should have a Co meet up some, maybe go to some place and eat or else meet up for a lite sat. of wheelin

As soon as I get my BII back onthe road (this weekend) I am going wheeling

Slaughterhouse Gulch? Maybe Carnage Boulder?

You guys interested?

But we should have a Co meet up some, maybe go to some place and eat or else meet up for a lite sat. of wheelin

We could do a burger joint meet 'n greet sometime - Boulder is within an hour of just about all of us :)

You guys interested?

Can super-stock trucks run these? I don't have my sliders (yet) and I'm still only a L/S so I can't crawl of gnarly stuff.

i'm down for some sort of meet an greet for sure... and a little wheelin, although i'd maybe rather just ride with somebody for now... my ex hasn't completed his off-road transformation quite yet (and i'm not talking about an ex boyfriend.. yeah ok that was bad haha). there is a lot of stuff i wanna do to mine, but being so far away from home (and my dad and his tools and shop and mechanical knowledge) leaves me limited i guess for the time being. unless it isn't anything too gnarly i'm down!

but yeah... lets schedule somethin, i'm always up for meeting new people!

Its alot of fun. Pretty active community, really bike friendly. Kind of a "Boulder - Lite" as you get all the fun with 1/2 the guilt (from the goodie goodie yuppies) ;)

If it was closer to Summit county/skiing, I'd say its perfect :cool:

i've heard fort collins is pretty sweet. boulder is cool too, but yeah, there are some of the yuppie folk out here. weird enough, they dont' bother me as much as the ones from chicago. at least they are active i guess and enjoy being outside. i started work at the hospital here in boulder this week, and the fact i enjoy meat i can tell annoys some of them, haha! it's a different world out here, in a good way. i'll have to come up and check out ft collins sometime.

if you are ever down for heading out to the mountains to ski, bike, hike, or whatever... hit me up! i'm pretty pumped for the ski season coming up.

i've heard fort collins is pretty sweet. boulder is cool too, but yeah, there are some of the yuppie folk out here. weird enough, they dont' bother me as much as the ones from chicago. at least they are active i guess and enjoy being outside. i started work at the hospital here in boulder this week, and the fact i enjoy meat i can tell annoys some of them, haha! it's a different world out here, in a good way. i'll have to come up and check out ft collins sometime.

If you're looking for an excuse to come to Fort Collins, you should check out New Belgium Brewery's Tour de Fat
http://www.followyourfolly.com/folly_tour_de_fat.html

It'll be in Fort Collins this Saturday, Sept 22nd. I'll definately be there :thumbsup:

if you are ever down for heading out to the mountains to ski, bike, hike, or whatever... hit me up! i'm pretty pumped for the ski season coming up.

mtn or road bike?

mmmm brewery tour... that is always a good excuse to go somewhere. i think my family is coming from the good ol midwest this weekend though, but not completely sure yet. they might come the next weekend. if not, there is a high probability i will be there. i heard somebody at work talking about it too.

i road bike and mountain bike... unfortunately my sweet mountain bike was stolen in chicago right in front of the hospital i went to school at. not sure how they did it.. was less than 10 minutes and right in front of the security desk window. i was bummed. after my first paycheck or two, i'm getting a new one for sure. i do have my road bike here, am slightly intimidated by the mountain roads around here to take it on :)

You guys interested?

:thumbsup: Dude... I'd be up for doing Slaughterhouse G.... I ran through it as a pax last year, and I've wanted to drive it since. I haven't looked at the difficulty of Carnage (bould.) yet so I might be down for that if it's not too bad. We better get on it though, it won't be too long and the altitude/wx will canx trail plans. :D

:thumbsup: Dude... I'd be up for doing Slaughterhouse G.... I ran through it as a pax last year, and I've wanted to drive it since. I haven't looked at the difficulty of Carnage (bould.) yet so I might be down for that if it's not too bad. We better get on it though, it won't be too long and the altitude/wx will canx trail plans. :D

Would sliders be required? I haven't had time to make 'em yet.

Would sliders be required? I haven't had time to make 'em yet.

You wouldn't need them for slaughterhouse, unless things have changed drastically in the last year (always possible in CO ! :D ), and according to traildamage's write-up on carnage (BOULDER) it sounds like there are bypasses for major obstacles should the need arise (they have a write-up from Aug 07... but the J$$ps always make tight turns and moderate obstacles look like a cakewalk :rolleyes: give this site a look;

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=4

I'll see over the next few days if anyone on rmftc has done it lately... some of them ran it in late spring including a stock full size Bronco and he got through it alright.

As long as I can run 'em without fubar'ing my rockers/side steps you know I'm down :thumbsup:

Emily, my *insert appropriate title here*, is flying out to CO Oct 11-15.. Maybe a run on Sat, Oct 13 or Sun, Oct 14?

{chalkboard}

*I will find time to make sliders - I will find time to make sliders - I will find time to make sliders...*

I was up there late Saturday afternoon/night
Slaughterhouse loop is do-able in a stock rig, there are some spots you can get in trouble

We did it in a bone stock FJ cruiser a few times now.
Now is a good time to go, the Aspens are starting to change, next month or two it will be unreal, Slaughterhouse is the trail to see the Aspens on.

Might be going back up there this weekend to test my new hubs

Man, sometime soon hopefully the rest of my stuff will arive and go in the truck, I have a Cb on its way, I need to pick up a spare tire still, My Damn 4406 needs to go in (work is getting in the way of me swaping out my t-cases since i only have one car and I need to get to work so I need to take off a day and put it is sometime...I mean I have everything in my possesion now), and still need to add some tow spots for just incase...

sounds like fun... on sunday i drove up to the top of rollins pass. that was pretty cool! i was bummed the tunnel at the top was closed so i you can't go down the other side (i drove up the east side). it was a good time, it rained when i was up there so i got the X nice and dirty like it should be.

makes me excited to check out the other places around here... AND the bug has bitten me again, i've got a renewed list of things i wanna do to the X when I start getting some paychecks rolling in!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh yeah, and i'll post up some pics when i get them developed... i had my good SLR film camera up there.

so when are we all gonna go hit up some trails?

Back