CSU student dies in roll-over on Kelly Flats trail | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CSU student dies in roll-over on Kelly Flats trail

Hokie

Hokius Maximus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 TJ Sport
Have fun but be safe out there guys. Buckle up, use your head. And for God's sakes, don't mix alcohol and 4wheelin' :(

Students in rollover among large group of campers

Morgan, a 20-year-old sophomore studying business, was killed Saturday when the vehicle he was riding in, driven by Bowling, went off the side of Kelly Flats Road north of Colorado Highway 14 in the Poudre Canyon. Kelly Flats road is about one mile east of the Pingree Park Road along Colorado 14....

Bowling, 21, was headed north on the road and swerved to avoid two oncoming vehicles, according to CSP. The vehicle rolled three-quarters of a turn and Morgan was partially ejected. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the accident, which remains under investigation.

Bowling was booked into the Larimer County Detention Center on suspicion of vehicular homicide and drunken driving, but formal charges had not been filed by Monday afternoon. Bowling, a junior studying natural resources, has been released on bond. He is scheduled to make his first appearance in District Court at 8:30 a.m. Friday.

My heart goes out for the families of all of those involved. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...i'm sorry to hear this kind of thing way to often...:(

...and no, drinking and operating any vehicle don't mix...it's a shame someone has got to prove this to often...

One dead in off-road accident
By The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 09/23/2007 02:37:57 PM MDT

No one in the 4-Runner was wearing a seatbelt.

:( How can people make such stupid decisions? This poor kids family...

I almost ran this trail on Sunday afternoon

it's something that's never in the front of our minds until something bad happens. i think the laws need to be much tougher. i think killing someone as a result of drinking and driving should be considered pre-meditated murder. you know it's a possibiltiy, that's why you don't do it!!!

...i know people with 2-3 dui's and never served any time....if you had to do a minimum 30 days and lost your license for a year, i think it would make an impression on the youth's and they would preach the same as the elders...:scratch:

i think the way i do, because when i drink, and the thought of going somewhere crosses my mind, the thing that stops me from grabbing my keys is the thought that i might miss a light or swerve into someone, and get someone killed. and everybody knows that they could kill someone when they drink and drive, so when they do it anyway, BAM. murder.

dang that's terrible.. be safe out there everybody..

Thats not good at all.

So sad the decsions that you dont think of very much come back to get you in the end.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this young man's family! It is so tragic when kids make this type of decision without thinking things through. My heart goes out to everyone involved, their family and their friends. God bless and stay safe everyone! I don't want to EVER hear of any of "our gang" going through something like this. It would tear me apart! (Heck, just reading about this one tears me apart!) :(

I would like to know what part of the trail they went off of. was on heart attack or the trail up to it.

Back