• Register Today It's free!

Herculiner on my 2000 XLT

GPNyce

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, Tenn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
Well, i was tired of looking at my dirty oil stained carpet, so i decided to go the bedliner route. It was quite easy to remove everything...except for the T-50 bolt holding the back seat belt bracket...that was quite possibly one of the hardest things ive ever removed...stupid boston winters froze all my bolts! over the summer i had already gotten rid of my rear seats...and i just recently ditched the center console, with the help of mini sledge hammer...:D , so it was simply a matter of removing the fronts, pulling the carpet out, ripping the plastic molding from the back (litterally)...and taking out the drain plugs.

heres a pic of my stuff thats been taken out...
2914272_8_full.jpg

from there, i sanded down the entire interior and hung up all the wires using rope...
2914272_9_full.jpg

fully washed out the interior after with carwash solution, let dry, then wiped down with acetone....little side note, this stuff has a STRONG smell...be prepared for it...i wasnt :eek:

here is a pic of my first layer of the herculiner
2914272_10_full.jpg

i did 3 full coatings of it, and waited about an hour an 20 mins inbetween each. i just finished my last coating, so we'll see how she looks in the morning. ill post a finished look pic sometime this weekend. any questions or comments feel free...i simply looked up other peoples threads on how to apply it, very helpful! thanks to everyone who documented how to do this project!

sweet

just curious do you have any pics without the back seat in?

just curious do you have any pics without the back seat in?

not the greatest, as i still have to neaten up my wires...and build something to hold my spare tire...but this is what it looks like. i like it without the rear seats, effectively doubles my cargo space...well, makes up for the space taken up by my subs....:D

2914272_11_full.jpg

Back