Return from Silverwood/Arrowhead Snud Run | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Silverwood/Arrowhead Snud Run

Ritsui

Pilot of dogcraft
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4
Some ice, some mud, some very sharp, sidewall piercing rocks, but great weather and we had a blast. Thanks Boomer and Cybergasm. Sorry more couldn't make it. You missed one of the best runs over Cleghorn.

Pictures coming soon...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...:D...

...here's a couple teasers...more when I get home.

Attachments

• ch1.jpg
    ch1.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 238
  • ch2.jpg
    ch2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 256
  • ch3.jpg
    ch3.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 252
  • ch5.jpg
    ch5.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 238

...:D...

...here's a couple teasers...more when I get home.

...i know you left that space in the first pic because that is where my rig should be...:p:

What a nice run too bad more people couldn't have made it:p:
But it was a good run little icy in spots muddy in others lots of the trails were rutted out from the recent rains but we got through most of the trails without incident except for one:mad:

so i suffered the only major trail carnage of the day:(:thumbdwn:
which ended up being a blown right front tire from a branch or rock I think:scratch:
and then add on top of that we could not get spare off:eek: ended up borrowing Boomer's spare to get off the trail and then found a local shop in town with a welder to tack the spinning stud and finally get the spare off and on the truck.

So now it looks like i am on the hunt for new tires the week before Truckhaven.......this will be fun :rolleyes:

...so i suffered the only major trail carnage of the day:(:thumbdwn:
which ended up being a blown right front tire from a branch or rock I think:scratch:
and then add on top of that we could not get spare off:eek: ended up borrowing Boomer's spare to get off the trail and then found a local shop in town with a welder to tack the spinning stud and finally get the spare off and on the truck.

:p:

Attachments

• ch7.jpg
    ch7.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 251
  • ch6.jpg
    ch6.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 252

chb00s.jpg

chb01s.jpg

chb02s.jpg

ch00s.jpg

ch01s.jpg

ch02s.jpg

chb03s.jpg

chb04s.jpg

chb05s.jpg

ch03s.jpg

ch04s.jpg

ch05s.jpg

chb06s.jpg

chb07s.jpg

chb08s.jpg

chb09s.jpg

ch06s.jpg

ch07s.jpg

You guys had a great time there! Cyb, the Ex looks great without the bar and carrier! The missing man formation there represents all of us that couldn't make it, right? Who thought of the pic/pose?

...so where boomers truck about got creased by the rock, is that just before stic-o's landing...:scratch:

You guys had a great time there! Cyb, the Ex looks great without the bar and carrier! The missing man formation there represents all of us that couldn't make it, right? Who thought of the pic/pose?

i think that just way it happened don't think were trying to get any particular pose there.

...cyber, for price comparison 4wheelparts has your tires for 150 each...try discount and big O for 10% discount...also, dr has some 33's for sale too...;)

Yea i wish i had 150.00 right now but the holidays are still killing me right now
hopefully I'll find something before truckhaven.

Hey cyber what size tire is that?

looks like you guys had a good time:thumbsup: What's with the driving around the rocks though?:confused::p:

and not a word about the bumper! I'm gussing one of the studs started spining with the lug nut? Thoses studs use to be tack weled:scratch:

It was a pleasure meeting you two, Cyber & Boomer. Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye - I was sidetracked correcting a nightmare I made in my knitting :rolleyes: But it was very nice to get to chat with you both :):thumbsup:

Well, I've officially made it home...and I had a really good time...:D

Once again a big thank you to Ritsui and Cyber for taking the risk of letting me come and play, and to Khiori for letting it happen as well as the awesome dinner...:)
I'm just totally stoked that I was able to sweet talk my t-case into 4lo which saved me from the overheating trans.;)

Stic-o-I really wanted to slide over that rock, but I let them talk me out of it...:confused:

Ritsui-I forgot to ask about the springs so please pm me a price...:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back