first time out since 2005!

Premier

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 sport
truck performed very well. went through some pretty crazy areas, lots of rocks, snow and mud. used my skid plate a few times, its 1/4" steel and i have some nice dents in her now.

anyway enjoy these pics, they dont do it much justice, it was super steep

P.S. this website's picture limit size SUCKS :mad: why do i even pay to be elite?

pics1001.jpg

pics1005.jpg

pics1054.jpg

pics1003.jpg

pics1004.jpg

pics1002.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pics1037.jpg

pics1063.jpg

pics1066.jpg

pics1067.jpg

pics1068.jpg

pics1069.jpg

and finally.... pulling out a yota

pics1076.jpg

pics1077.jpg

pics1065.jpg

pics1064.jpg

and one of me :D

pics1055.jpg

very nice! Wish we had areas like that here around Tampa

I really wanna wheel in the snow. I'm pretty jealous. :(

Great pics Jake, looks like a nice park/trail.

And btw, Photobucket size limits are MUCH larger. I just use their photo hosting.

P.S. this website's picture limit size SUCKS :mad: why do i even pay to be elite?

How big of a photo were you trying to upload? You should be able to upload almost up to 800 kb images I think.

Well, sucks or not, your paying helps a lotta people see what other places look like, and how or what kind of ideas we can use for our vehicles. Pic size is only 600x400, no?

Well, sucks or not, your paying helps a lotta people see what other places look like, and how or what kind of ideas we can use for our vehicles. Pic size is only 600x400, no?

The size limit maybe 800x600.. Can't remember.. I generally try to limit my pics to that size due to loading time. Even broadband connections will crawl when loading images. I've had that issue on some sites using my mobile broadband card on my laptop.

the images i tried to upload are the ones you see. they are 640x480 210-240kb. they are straight off my camera, but i can never upload them.. they are always too big (size or data?)

it says max is 800x600 but only 156kb :confused:

I really wanna wheel in the snow. I'm pretty jealous. :(

Great pics Jake, looks like a nice park/trail.

And btw, Photobucket size limits are MUCH larger. I just use their photo hosting.

thanks jason. wheeling in the snow is scary IMO. you can sink and get high centered really easy

i know.. i will always pay, i just needed to *****, because i have to use photobucket

hey are straight off my camera, but i can never upload them.. they are always too big (size or data?)
That's your problem. A 800x600 image using typical "web" compression levels should be 100kb or less (hence the limit), but cameras normally default to minimal compression and fairly large file sizes.

If you get a program like Paint Shop Pro, GIMP or XNView, you can use batch conversion/re-compression to create much smaller versions in just a few clicks.

Looks like a beautiful place to wheel. Glad to see your truck out again :thumbsup:.

Looks good man! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Try the program Irfanview to resize or reduce the file size of your pictures.

looks good nice x

thanks guys. thanks john i will scope it out.

Snow wheeling isn't too hard, the biggest problem is not knowing how low the ground is in that spot if it hasn't been traveled yet, you can always go in reverse n drive on your previously made tracks to get out of a sticky situation. But even then, there's so many other factors that come into play. Either way... still some fun stuff.

As for the Elite comment, file hosting is pretty expensive... $20 per member seems like it might be a lot of money coming in.. but there's a LOT of data going through this site, it also could be a software limitation. (Think of it as a network optimization.. not everyone has a fast connection.. and this website, we don't want to try to limit anyone because of any outside factors.)

Hope ya had fun out there, I found it pretty funny the Yota got stuck.. that spot doesn't even look too bad.

the pics dont do it justice. where the yota got stuck, we were on top of snow pack that was 3-4 feet deep. i got stuck trying to pull the yota out, because i slid off the trail. took us close to 2 hours to get the explorer un stuck so we could try and get the yota out again

Been there, was in 2wd (front ds died and I took it out... got stuck..) This passport got stuck trying to pull me out, so we had to have another truck pull him out.. n then to pull me out.. it was ridiculous... lol..

Snow wheeling isn't too hard, the biggest problem is not knowing how low the ground is in that spot if it hasn't been traveled yet, you can always go in reverse n drive on your previously made tracks to get out of a sticky situation. But even then, there's so many other factors that come into play. Either way... still some fun stuff.

As for the Elite comment, file hosting is pretty expensive... $20 per member seems like it might be a lot of money coming in.. but there's a LOT of data going through this site, it also could be a software limitation. (Think of it as a network optimization.. not everyone has a fast connection.. and this website, we don't want to try to limit anyone because of any outside factors.)

Hope ya had fun out there, I found it pretty funny the Yota got stuck.. that spot doesn't even look too bad.

The $20 goes more then towards file hosting.. Your supporting the site. You don't realize the amount of bandwidth the site takes each month. For the month of January alone we had over 434 GB of bandwidth. I'm sure Rick has the hosting setup with 2-5 year plans but normally a dedicated server with its own IP and not a shared one is easily $150 a month if not more depending on the size of the drive, physical memory on the server, etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey do you have any pics of the snorkel set up you have? I meen like building it from scratch or putting it in?

Back