what are these bushings? (pic)

SwaintaN

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Carey, Ohio (Georgia Grown)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
Ok first off.. forgive my stupidity. wha' are the bushings that are circled? Are they replaceable if so where would i go about getting new poly bushings for it? Thanks.. Let me know if the pics Showed below or not. They are circled in Light Green.

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

steering tie rod ends, and tie rods

not bushings, more like a ball joint if they are worn you need new tie rods, inner and outer, both sides :)

that truck needs a 6" drop pitman arm also to help with steering angles

Inner and outer tie rod ends. Yes they are replaceable.

4" lift kit comes with a 2" pitman arm, from the pics it looks like you need the actual 4" drop pitman, Superlift makes one :) 6" drop pitman may be a bit much then

4" actual drop (2" more then you have) will help a great deal eliminate bump steer

hahah that pic isnt level, pulled up onto a tree, ill post a level pic here in a lil bit, ill take a new one, i got a steering stabilizer as well. i was told they might be dust boots?!?! < what are those

hahah that pic isnt level, pulled up onto a tree, ill post a level pic here in a lil bit, ill take a new one, i got a steering stabilizer as well. i was told they might be dust boots?!?! < wha' are those

the pic i posted they are almost level and just edited a place where you can get them

This is more how the steering should look. Since I put in the different dropped pitman arm to get my linkage straight we have had no more bumpsteer. With the old piman arm the truck would wander around the 2 lane blacktop near the house. As the front of the truck would go into the undulations in the road the steering wheel would go all over the place, and so would the truck.. not anymore.

~Mark

2344405526_75b335df65_b.jpg

ah the Superlift yellow stripe, I will never understand that, mine has it too! LOL More in phase with beams = less bump steer,

Bump steer = SUCKS, my BII used to be all over the road now it drives wonderfully

thanks for the link for the boots, now the pitman comment, so i need to get a longer one still? i have RC 4" lift, i just installed what they gave me, if need another one I can order it, ill havta find out where, the last pic i posted with the steering stabilizer etc in it.. is as level as it gets for me.

i found the pitman drop arm, crap 100.00 shesh, thats next on the list, haha, thanks guys and i ordered them from the other link, thanks again.

you could almost always benefit from more pitman arm drop with drop bracket lifted TTB's, see how the tie rod is located more towards the center of the differential (down) in Maniaks picture, it puts the rods more in phase with the beams and knuckles as the suspension cycles

The ttb bump steer is never going to go away, if you watch them work, when one tire drops and one tire bumps, and you turn, it makes for some funky angles!! A true swing set system is required pretty much to eliminate bump steer with beams, but there are other things you can do to help

I think I paid $65 for my 6" (actual 4" drop I believe, but I only have a 5" suspension and I run the superrunner steering kit) Superlift drop pitman from a local 4x4 shop years ago... love to support the local shops when I can.....

i would support local as well, but noone around me believes in going muddin or rock crawlin or 4x4.. i think thats a bunch of crap.. so local for me is Jegs, couple hours away, they got 4" and 6" drop pitmans, im gonna call them during their hours tomorrow to see if they will give me measurements so i can see which one will work the best for me.

jegs was 93.00 u saved me 10.00 i appreciate that, i dont even know what jegs was gonna charge me on shipping, thank!

if i take off the drop pitman and do a new on, am i gonna need another alignment

no prob that's what we are here for,i would its going to change some stuff,do it all the bushings and arm then alignment and it should drive like a new truck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back