• Register Today It's free!

Return from Big Bear Camp & Crawl

rjcooperss396

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Guys, I'm glad I missed my club run (Spinnin 4s) today and ran into you. I had a great time wheelin with you. I had the white SAS 4 door with the cute girls. My brother finally showed up right after you guys left. Also, the Sami that was broke down on John Bull was from our club.

My nephew took 120 pictures today but unfortunately they were with a 35mm camera with a fisheye lense. He dropped all the film off tonight and is having them put on a CD so if any of them turned out I'll post them up.

Again, thanks for a great time. Ron

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sorta glad you missed them too. It was great to meet up with you :thumbsup:. I had to leave early (to avoid inevitable damage of course), but I had a blast on Gold Mtn and West John Bull.

Special thanks to excellent spotters getting me easily over a few rocks which gave so much trouble to the j**p before me. It was sad seeing them struggle with that hill (and break a U-joint?) and then just I climb right over it... but it was fun too :cool:

As for carnage: only a flat tire and dented door at the time I ducked out.

Unfortunately, I really didn't take many good pictures at all, but here are a few:

bb07-11-09-1.jpg

bb07-11-09-2.jpg

bb07-11-09-3.jpg

bb07-11-09-4.jpg

bb07-11-09-5.jpg

Good trip, no major carnage. had to wait for some groups ahead of us but that was the most of the trouble.

Ron it was cool meeting you. we saw spinnin fours lust a little way up the trail, looks like they didn't make it to far. we said hi to turtle truck and the stretched samuri guy we knew. did you just kick it with them for the rest of the trail?

there were a few more people i met and i know if i remember their names, jeff? tim? and colins friends? oh well it was cool off-roadin with you guys.

my computers uploading photos at a very very very very slow rate. so i'll post em' eventually.

Made it home finally after a great weekend in the mountains:thumbsup:
I think it was upper 70's to mid 80's depending what elevation we were at then I come home to 111 degree temps:thumbdwn:

Saturday was a full day of wheelin', mostly waiting on other groups to move along. Our group did pretty good, the entrance to the hard part of John Bull was tricky for some in our group. Very chewed up, soft and silty between the boulders. It made the gripping the rocks a slippery affair.

Sunday, Gary, Colin and myself ran Dishpan Springs going downhill which is a bit hairy at times. We came to Deep Creek which is no longer a crossing but a bridge now. After taking a break at the creek bridge we decided to go back up the trail rather than head to the highway back to camp which would take longer.
Going up the trail is much nicer and has less pucker factor:p:

It was good to see some of the regular crew up there and meeting a few new people. My next wheelin' trip will have to wait until the fall when it cools down out here and I can finish up my rig.

Awesome weekend! It was good to see the familiar faces, as well as some new ones in the group.

Here is the album. I think there are about 112 pics: http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x75/HB_Tiki/Big Bear July 2009/

Here are a few pics from Saturday's Gold Mountain run:

IMG_6491.jpg

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

John Bull:

IMG_6510.jpg

IMG_6512.jpg

IMG_6513.jpg

IMG_6519.jpg

Tim:
IMG_6526.jpg

IMG_6532.jpg

IMG_6540.jpg

IMG_6544.jpg

IMG_6549.jpg

IMG_6550.jpg

IMG_6551.jpg

IMG_6552.jpg

These are from today's run on Dishpan Springs to Deep Creek and back up:

IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_6563.jpg

IMG_6575.jpg

IMG_6576.jpg

IMG_6578.jpg

IMG_6580.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

IMG_6584.jpg

IMG_6589.jpg

I matched my rear door to the front, on the same damn obstacle.

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6594.jpg

It's a little hard to see, but my slider got bent up in the middle from landing on it a few times.

IMG_6595.jpg

Another great trip with good people. :thumbsup:

...Great pics..:biggthump

...I wish I could have made the trip...

Just got back home, had a great time as always. It was good to see everyone new and old faces. Had a blast on gold mountain and john bull after all #stupid jeeps got out the way! #Had a great time today on dispan springs got to see Colin do the 3 wheel teeter toted that was awesome. #I forgot my camera on saturdays run so any pics others have are appreciated. #I did get to snap a few today so I'll try post those tommorrow. #Had a blast looking forward to next run at ???

I ended up just going for the day on Saturday, but still had a great time!
John Bull seemed a little tougher than I remember, maybe it got 'weathered' some over the winter.
My damage was a hole punched in my front left corner light, directly behind one tube of my guard!?!, and my rear license plate got mangled, then ripped right off. Thanks to Colin and Dave for picking it up off the trail! ;)
Good to see everyone, and meet a few new faces.
I only took a couple pics, here they are.
A view from the south shore of Big Bear, on my way up Sat morning.
Colin on the beginning of John Bull.

Attachments

• 71209 001.jpg
    71209 001.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,309
  • 71209 004.jpg
    71209 004.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,280

but did your bumper stay on Bill :p:

you know the hole are deep, and the rocks are big when they start making 36-37's look small:(

Looks like you guys had fun...sorry I missed it:( On the plus side, seeing this make me try harder to find a job! job= wheeling again:thumbsup:

Yes! Bumper stayed on. :thumbsup:

Damn. I definitely could have gone to this.

I guess I can't post pics? I don't know why but there's no option for me to post pics?

here's some group shots that i tried to get

bigbearjuly09035.jpg

bigbearjuly09041.jpg

bigbearjuly09039.jpg

bigbearjuly09034.jpg

bigbearjuly09053.jpg

Man Colin, your suspension was really getting a workout on the rock mogul part of JB:cool:

Wish i had enough time this weekend to make it to Big Bear, looks like some fun trails. No pictures of the sleeper SAS explorer?

I guess I can't post pics? I don't know why but there's no option for me to post pics?

To use the site's photo management software (ie, the Photo Gallery and attachments to posts), you need to be an Elite.. You can however use things like Photopost, and link to pictures there.

Wish i had enough time this weekend to make it to Big Bear, looks like some fun trails. No pictures of the sleeper SAS explorer?

Unfortunately I didn't bring a digital camera but here are a couple that my brother took on John Bull with his phone.

ATT00001.jpg

ATT00002.jpg

I have a bunch more that were taken with a 35mm with a fisheye lense but they didn't turn out that great. I'll go through them and see if any of them are worth putting up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man Colin, your suspension was really getting a workout on the rock mogul part of JB:cool:

As well as the sliders, rear bumper, axle tubes and everything else underneath. :cool:

Great pics, Robbie! Thanks for the new avatar...

I think I'm going to give the d44 some love before I go out again. I feel bad after the way I treated the rig this weekend. :)

Back