4.88 in a d35?

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
do they make 4.88 for the d35.it a 92 d35.also are the stock d35 open or a ls?trying to regear and want 4.88 aussie front and back

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nobody running 4.88,what gears should i run for my 35s then

yea i new they where reverse or called hp,right.so they do make them.man i looked everhwhere thanks man.but what is our fronts,are they open or a ls?
Posted via Mobile Device

AFAIK, no 1st gen x's came with a LS up front Stock, only the rears, and only with the 4.10's..

I have a Trac-Lok LS to install in the front, I've just been putting it off until I regear.. the 4.10's just aren't enough anymore.. and I have this feeling that I'm gonna end up in 35's.. which will make a whole new can of worms.. I'll need a bigger trailer :)

~Mark

what do you think would be better up front a ls or an aussie?also witch would be cheaper?

LS would probably be cheaper but nowhere near as good. I've heard of people with an aussie up front and have no driveability issue with it. I plan on putting an aussie in the front.

I'd expect the ausie to be much tigher.

I "think" that is what tbars is running and he just "loves it" when he tries to run the ditches in truckhaven.. lots of backing up. I think its better now that he uses an AGR pump.

I went with the trac-lok LS since it was cheap.. and I'm going to be adding another clutch disc to it (factory has one spot with 2 steel plates next to each other). This should make it tighter.. Hopefully not too bad, but I know a single locker in the rear just isn't enough anymore.

~Mark

I'd expect the ausie to be much tigher.

I "think" that is what tbars is running and he just "loves it" when he tries to run the ditches in truckhaven.. lots of backing up. I think its better now that he uses an AGR pump.

I went with the trac-lok LS since it was cheap.. and I'm going to be adding another clutch disc to it (factory has one spot with 2 steel plates next to each other). This should make it tighter.. Hopefully not too bad, but I know a single locker in the rear just isn't enough anymore.

~Mark

Do you have any more info on your front LS? A link maybe? How much? do they have it in a standard rotation? I would have tried to get one if I knew someone made a LS for the front on the Ford D35.:rolleyes:

Mine is a reverse rotation.. and I bought it from RangerX

I don't have much info on it.. other than its a trac-lok (still not positive on the spelling).. And from I've been told, I don't need anything special to install it (other than normal gear install stuff)..

I kinda put it on hold when I decided I needed new gears too.. (4.88's).

~Mark

yea that sounds like a plan an ls with an extra disc.i dont want mine real tight because most of the trails i run a tight and alot of turning and would like to keep both tires locked but really need something better than an open.i cant stand getting stuck and only one tire spinning up front,if i had two i probably wouldn't get stuck as much.but i dont want to pay an arm and leg for a locker up front.hey maybe we can get alot of people up for a group buy on 4.88

The owner of an off road park here has a friend that will add an extra clutch disc for $50 total. If I could get my hands on one....hmmm. Man I wish I had figured this out before we just did my gears last weekend! Always something!

Do you have any more info on your front LS? A link maybe? How much? do they have it in a standard rotation? I would have tried to get one if I knew someone made a LS for the front on the Ford D35.:rolleyes:

I ran LS's in front and back for years, and lots of people thought I had lockers. Now that I do have lockers, it's a lot tougher doing tight turns on the trail.

I recommend the Detroit TruTrac. It's a gear driven LS, and much tighter (a good thing) than the Ford TracLok.

I ran LS's in front and back for years, and lots of people thought I had lockers. Now that I do have lockers, it's a lot tougher doing tight turns on the trail.

I recommend the Detroit TruTrac. It's a gear driven LS, and much tighter (a good thing) than the Ford TracLok.

Its your front LS I'm talking about :)

From what I've read though, adding an extra clutch disc and removing one steel so it goes steel/clutch/steel/clutch etc will make it very tight.. I doubt as tight as a real locker (already have a detroit) but I've seen it mentioned it can make it harder to turn..

~Mark

The lowest ratio I've been able to get is 4.56. I've had requests out the rear for 4.88 and 5.13's. I just can't get them. I was told they don't make them and never have..

The lowest ratio I've been able to get is 4.56. I've had requests out the rear for 4.88 and 5.13's. I just can't get them. I was told they don't make them and never have..

how much can you get master install kits for the rear 8.8 and the front d35hp.also it looks like they do make them, yukon #YGM35R488R

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back