rs7000 shocks
cut down 79 bronco linkage
35'' general mud terrain=poop

upcoming very soon:
37'' tires
custom bumpers
maybe an AM/FM radio so i dont have to whistle
5 speed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have no skills on computer

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

shock bushing shot... shocks were used freebies

very near future mod
GetAttachment.jpg

explorerpics.jpg

not that many miles on clutch either

1.jpg~original

new parts shed

more action pics coming soon

Looks great!!

My only suggestion is to stick with 35s or 36s - because even with 36s, we see quite a bit of D44 axle shafts snapping. So with 37's, you are probably going over the capbility of the D44 axle.

Yea, looks good, Id leave it on 35s they fit great in my opinion.
You will really like it with the 5spd.

Thanks..... just ordered softer coils, trailproof steering and trac bar..... the truck performs extremely well... the only ***** i have is the power steering sucks at low rpms.:rolleyes:... i need hydro assist i assume... wasnt sure if the road manners were that good w something like that..

have u got to take it wheelling ? i get to take mine tonight

I think that looks great!

thanks fusion.... and danger, yes i have taken it wheeling up some pretty nasty ledges around my area and it performed great.... this sunday will be the first all day wheelin trip with it... i have some small kinks to work out and some interior work and stereo stuff to do but she should be ready to rock by sun morn. ill take some good action photos... need to get a digital cam.. my phone is all i got:p:

Nice Ex. I would'nt put that 5 speed in if it were me. I do not like how tall the 1st gear is. Maybe with 5.13's it's not that bad with 35's but with 37's you might smoke the clutch. I have had my clutch so hot trying to crawl over rocks it would'nt move anymore, I had to wait for it to cool to get off the trail. Just my .02 cents.

i appreciate the advice guy

Can you explain how you shortened the D44?

cutting the axle down

first, i stripped the axle down to just the housing. then, i ground the weld the holds the cast axle outer on to the axle tube. After that, I heated the cast part and beat the **** out of it with a big hammer for about 4 beers and then after more heat and a touch more grinding.... it slid right of the tube. In my case i then measured 5.85'' off the end of the tube and set in up in my band saw and let it cut through. cleaned up the edges of the tube a bit and slammed the cast end back on with a bit of heat and my hammer (making sure the cast part is in the same orientation as it was at the start) laid down one of my super mig beads to reglue the cast part back to the tube and thats it. paint it black , blue or pink... whatever you like. then u end up with a shortened housing:cool:

VID00316.jpg
c01.jpg
c02.jpg
c03.jpg

few action shots fartin around by my house

VID00330-1.jpg

VID00327.jpg

VID00326.jpg

VID00325.jpg

VID00324.jpg

VID00322.jpg

VID00321.jpg

VID00320.jpg

VID00319.jpg

VID00317.jpg

i got a 92 xlt explorer and i want to lift it so i can fit 33's under it and if i flip my rear shackles what coils wold i need to get for the front?

first, i stripped the axle down to just the housing. then, i ground the weld the holds the cast axle outer on to the axle tube. After that, I heated the cast part and beat the **** out of it with a big hammer for about 4 beers and then after more heat and a touch more grinding.... it slid right of the tube. In my case i then measured 5.85'' off the end of the tube and set in up in my band saw and let it cut through. cleaned up the edges of the tube a bit and slammed the cast end back on with a bit of heat and my hammer (making sure the cast part is in the same orientation as it was at the start) laid down one of my super mig beads to reglue the cast part back to the tube and thats it. paint it black , blue or pink... whatever you like. then u end up with a shortened housing:cool:

What length right inner axle shaft did you use? I know the thread is two years old

I've read that a though times lol. TRS says exactly 6 inches. I've seen guys cut 5.95 and guys cut like 5.85.

How exact does it need to be? I have seen on danas website that depending on what year eb axle it's out of, they came with slightly different length right inner shafts. Just curious what exactly to cut at.

My boss has a dana 30 that is trusses up the a$$ that he might sell me. He says it's definitely stronger then the LP d44 that his EB bronco has under it. Wonding if I should pick it up if the price is right.

What do you guys think?

Back