2001 Sport Trac under the hood (job1) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Sport Trac under the hood (job1)

GAZH13

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Bay, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
I have looked at some pics of other 2001 Sport Tracs and the configuration of some of the things under the hood looks different. I know there is a difference between Job 1's & Job2's. I just got this truck for my son and dont know all the differences between the two.Changed the spark plug and wires a couple weeks ago and the plugs Advance auto had in their computer didnt fit.Just curious if anybody elses Job 1's look like mine and any differences they have found between the two Jobs. Here are some pictures.

fy0VqwBmEKGrHqEH-CMEuYFQbjiCBLoJDfr.jpg

fy0V-wBmEKGrHqUH-CUEuOkD5jMEBLoJDvL.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its a job 1, just like mine. :)

Differences that I know of... (we probably need to make a sticky thread for this topic) :p

Well the intake is all different.

PCV valve is different. Job 1 PCV is expensive. I think I paid $36 for mine.
Job 2 PCV valve is less than $10(I bought one by accident once and gave it to Txplates for his 02 Sport Trac).

Job 1 Oil filler cap is on driver's side. I think Job 2 Oil filler is on passenger side valve cover.

Rubber tube going to Job 2's IAC valve is notorious for crack at elbow and causing check engine light codes.

Job 1 / Job 2 crossover date = June 24th, 2000.

That's what I know of. I have a Job 1 Sport Trac. She turned 10 years old last month. :thumbsup:

When getting parts you could always say you have a 1999 Regular Explorer with the 4.0L SOHC engine. :dunno:

Where is the pcv valve on the job 1's. I think it should idle a little smoother. I am going to change the fuel filter , clean the IAC and then change the pcv valve if it doesnt help the idle any.

Differences that I know of... (we probably need to make a sticky thread for this topic) :p

Well the intake is all different.

PCV valve is different. Job 1 PCV is expensive. I think I paid $36 for mine.
Job 2 PCV valve is less than $10(I bought one by accident once and gave it to Txplates for his 02 Sport Trac).

Job 1 Oil filler cap is on driver's side. I think Job 2 Oil filler is on passenger side valve cover.

Rubber tube going to Job 2's IAC valve is notorious for crack at elbow and causing check engine light codes.

Job 1 / Job 2 crossover date = June 24th, 2000.

That's what I know of. I have a Job 1 Sport Trac. She turned 10 years old last month. :thumbsup:

When getting parts you could always say you have a 1999 Regular Explorer with the 4.0L SOHC engine. :dunno:

Where did you get your PCV at? My local parts store (Advance) shows a PCV for a 99 Explorer and its only 2.99. It doesnt show one for the 2001 Sport Trac. I guess I will have to take it off to see what I can get. I know Advance system is kind of messed up. When I changed the spark plugs, I first went with autolite double platinums but they would not fit. Took the old plug up there to get the right size.

I got it from a dealership. It comes with all that is pictured. The 3 hoses, T connector, and PCV valve. But, I didn't get it from a local sterlership. My local stealership wanted like $50 for it. I got mind from Bob Utter Ford. There's a new EF vendor that is an online Ford Dealership selling parts for good prices. Better than your local stealership. :)

I got it from a dealership. It comes with all that is pictured. The 3 hoses, T connector, and PCV valve. But, I didn't get it from a local sterlership. My local stealership wanted like $50 for it. I got mind from Bob Utter Ford. There's a new EF vendor that is an online Ford Dealership selling parts for good prices. Better than your local stealership. :)

I know it was a while back when you ordered but do you remember the part number. I went to a couple online Ford dealerships and was hoping to see a illustrated parts list but I havent found a site with one yet. I will try putting in 1999 Ford Explorer and see what parts come up.

Is there anyway you could show where it is on your Sport Trac. I Found the "T" but it doesnt look like any valve is connected to it, just 3 hoses. Maybe I am in the wrong place.

Found this on a picture of an earlier explorer. Is this where its at? Would go check but my son has just left for church.

1097010604-03.jpg

I blew my Job 1 engine (My ST was manufactured prior to 7/00. What are my options for a new motor? Can I drop in a Job 2 engine? I know, dumb question, but why can't I? Can I use a used engine from any other Ford such as 1999 Explorer?

I can't find this part number online for job 1 engine. I went to my local stealership and they want ~$75 for the pcv assembly.
Did anyone find the part number?

The only part number I can find is: F77Z-6C324-AB
, but it doesn't come up on any ford parts?

thanks,

I wanna mention that the Job 2 transmission also has an extra ISS sensor. Otherwise they are the same--I put a job 1 trans into my job 2 Explorer Sport and it works fine (besides some slight slippage going into 3rd and a blinking od light--due to the missing sensor). I only did the swap since the original trans with fried and I needed to get back on the road asap. However I would only recommend the swap as a temporary solution--I'll get the correct job 2 transmission in a couple months

Back