The Executioner - My long overdue Explorer registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Executioner - My long overdue Explorer registry

My Ex

Currently:
ex3.jpg

I believe its time for my long overdue registry so here it is. I will add more to my registry as time goes, but I have to start somewhere :)

In the beginning:
I bought this 1996 V6 XLT from my Grandpa for 500 dollars in fall 2009 because the trade in value was so low that he figured I could make better use out of it. He had no idea what was in store for it!

This is the oldest picture I can find of it:
( Insert old picture here... [To be found soon] )

After I got it, i decided it needed something... nice. I wanted to show it off a little and so I got a nice soundsystem in it.

I built that giant box in shop class last year. It took me all year to finish it mostly because I was messing around and breaking stuff. But it turned out better than I thought and I put some carpet on it and it looks better than anything.

To date here are the latest pictures I have of the soundsystem:

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

Next I decided that I needed to show off the explorer with something a little more flashy. I bought some underglow and messed around with that. I also bought some leds with resistors and made some pretty cool stuff.

I wish I would have taken a video when those front led's were on it because they flashed back and forth like cop lights ;)

Check the lights yo (the first one is my favorite pic):

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

Next I went to change the looks a little with my euro lights. And clear corners:

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

I then took the wheels and BFG All terrains off of our 94 EXPLODER (The radiator literally exploded) and slapped them on The Ex.

Rims:

Image07272010170643.jpg

Image07272010170633.jpg

Now.jpg

Note:I'll post more to this as I think of what I missed :)

Thanks for Readin ;)
-Jake

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lookin' good.:thumbsup:

Lookin Good,

why such a large box for your subs? why not just do a smaller ported box which would save space

lookin good

Lookin good, can't wait to see the KM2's and Soft 8's on it!!

Lookin Good,

why such a large box for your subs? why not just do a smaller ported box which would save space

Its not actually that deep, but I just wanted a massive box to show it off. I put a pulse light right beneath that little lip on the bottom and it lights up the whole trunk. But yeah, i didnt think about porting it. I might do that sometime soon

Nice X man. I like the neons :).

looks hot man good job

I like LIGHTS

Whats up clean ride i like the speakers in the back that box should give you some nice bass, how did you assemble the lights on the bottom, are the LEDs or neon and would the LED lights be easier to install

Whats up clean ride i like the speakers in the back that box should give you some nice bass, how did you assemble the lights on the bottom, are the LEDs or neon and would the LED lights be easier to install

Sorry for not replying sooner!

The speakers are so incredible, I love drivin that thing! It gets about 13 to the gallon though and thats why i cant drive it all that often.

Lights on the bottom of the car:
I bought some neon from a guy on craigslist, then took and installed a switch up front and ran some wires down to the neon and walah! It works incredible. Since then I've burned out all those neon tubes though and havent really messed with it since.

Although, I did create my own LED bar in the front of the explorer out of some type of angle iron with holes in it. I forgot what it's called. Fairly cheap to make, just takes time. If you'd like an example I'd be happy to make a video :) I need to update this thread.

I've bought myself 15" rims with Nexen MTs! I'm on the lookout for black center caps because my chrome ones are rusting (got them like 2 years ago) and I'm sick of the nasty color it adds. Dirty brown. YUCK!

Will be posting soon :D SHOUTOUT TO ALL MY FANS!:thumbsup:

This is a start to the pictures I will be uploading of my Ex ;) This is how purty she sits now :)

Image06272011151135.jpg

Pics8-12-11037.jpg

Just did a little work today. Took off the crappy Cragar tin can hubcaps and reinstalled the stock ones. I let the stock caps sit in soapy water for about 2 days (kinda overkill) and then they scrubbed out real shiny! Looks better than the cragars ever did!

hubcaps2.jpg

Also scrubbed the inside and outside of the rims to prep for winter, and make sure everything was balanced (got all that crappy mud outta the inside of the rim). Not sure if its just my problem but I did see a little rust on the inside of my soft 8's. Like a couple centimeters of it here and there. :/ Dont know what to do about that. Any suggestions?

Heres what the final product looked like:

hubcaps.jpg

For kicks and giggles... Found an old pic of my 19th bday party. Nothin like goin' offroading! Makes for one hell of a party ;)

bday.jpg

1st day of ripping into the driveshaft and encountered another problem. The E-Brake did not work on the rear driver side tire so everytime I tried to spin the Companion flange bolts off, it was spinning!

Image03272013154259.jpg

Houston I have located the problem!!

Image03272013213918.jpg

Image03272013213925.jpg

My e-brake lever was siezed up and so now I used this helpful thread! Saved me tons of time! because I didnt have to take off my axel! http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169967

Waiting for it to soak in the PB blaster, then I'm going to clean it up and put it all back together.

Cant wait to ACTUALLY start on the driveshaft!

:salute:

Driveshaft was completed a while ago, forgot to take pics after :(

Latest upgrades:

1. New black grille
2. Polished my corner lights
3. Sweet new center console cupholder!! I am so impressed with this, i didnt even knew they made them like this. SO HANDY! It can hold the Big Gulp drinks!!!

316uonl.jpg

xpakio.jpg

2ja983.jpg

And for kicks.... So clean!

6ql6o8.jpg

;)

Next upgrades:

Stereo wiring / Headunit
CB radio with 3' Antenna
Center Console repair
Polishing the headlights
New Foglight housing and mounts

Couple pics of the latest upgrades...

3' CB antenna w/ mount... Currently searching for a smaller CB so that I can successfully fit it somewhere nice!

1ba3c547-b578-4281-b49a-29942601e255.jpg

1 Shade of night shades on the stock tail lights. I think it looks great!!!

ex1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back