• Register Today It's free!

Deteriorated Body Mounts

himolin

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Explorer Sport
Hi, I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport and it seems like all the robber body mounts have been deteriorated, is this an urgent problem and will it affect my car? And if I want to get them from the dealer, how much will they cost me? Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, I CAR MOTORCRAFT FORD DEALER THEY SAID 600$ FOR 4 BUSHINGS THE ONES THAT WERE GONE, I NEED THAT CAUSE IT MAKES AN AWFUL SOUND AS METAL TO METAL RUBBING... IF YOU KNOW WERE I CAN FIND IT BETTER PROCE LET ME KNOW.

It does comes with the bushings??? For real?

From... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2159519&postcount=6

Well, I just got off the phone with Bob Utter Ford Parts department... They are not located near me, but I find that they usually beat the prices of local stealerships that I can drive to even with the shipping charges.

So our Sport Tracs have on each side of the cab a front, middle, and rear upper and lower bushing. The lower bushing having a sleeve that the body bolt screws in to. Talking to the parts guy at Bob Utter Ford(1-866-941-3673) each upper and lower for the front, middle, and rear mounts have different part #'s and prices. So here's how it breaks down...

Front Upper = $20.89
Front Lower = $20.86

Middle Upper = $19.86
Middle Lower = $10.96

Rear Upper = $19.92
Rear Lower = $12.57

So if you bought for each side of the cab all upper and lower bushings the total would be $210.12. Don't shoot me if I miss quoted the guy. And he did seem to think that the lowers come with new sleeves. Something like a Daystar Bushing kit doesn't come with the sleeves. So I have read.

I will call him Monday morning, see what he can ship to PR cause here the dealer is asking 600 for it. i find it super expensive.

I will call him Monday morning, see what he can ship to PR cause here the dealer is asking 600 for it. i find it super expensive.

After taking my car to the dealer, they showed me ALL 16 mounts are in bad shape and need to be replaced. I took my car to two other mechanics and they all told me the same. And the quote I got for the part is about 500 dollars. So, I guess with the new shocks, mounts, and labor I am looking at 1000 dollars on this car.

Hey guys, read a lot of stuff on this forum, but never posted before. This topic is interesting to me because I think my Trac is having a similar issue with the body bushings on my Trac. I recently had a 3" body lift installed and shortly thereafter, its now beginning to make some creaking noises at low speeds when coming to a stop or starting up slowly. Nothing at normal speeds or highway speeds. My question after reading this thread is how many bushings are there. John Rock's post suggests that there are 6, but the other posts suggest that there are more. Any help would be appreciated as I am going to take mine back to the shop that helped me with the body lift to have them looked at. Thanks for all the help and this site is very helpful in general. I am going to take some pics of my Trac and post them later. By the way, I have an 02 4X2 Trac Torsion Keys, Warrior shackles, Magnaflow Exhaust, K+N Intake, 3" Body Lift, Side Steps and a bit more. I love my Trac and I am the original owner. Thanks again for the help guys.

Well here's the set of new bushings I bought for the front set of bushings at the front of the cab because those are the worse right now. I will replace the others as funds become available. These were $98 plus shipping from Tousley Ford.

66282_158829354137563_100000314975405_365320_65448_n.jpg

i have this issue and was wondering if the body mounts are necessary with a 3 inch body lift. I need to get something done soon. thanks

i have this issue and was wondering if the body mounts are necessary with a 3 inch body lift. I need to get something done soon. thanks
The 3" lift blocks are not bushings. They are hard material that doesn't give.

So the lift blocks eliminates the usage of the present body mount system?

So the lift blocks eliminates the usage of the present body mount system?

No, the lift blocks are simply a spacer between the mounts. you would have the same problem, but you'd be three inches higher.

would it be worth looking in a junkyard for these bushings? or maybe a parted vehicle?
click here please
^^^this guy has been parting out these trucks maybe he can round up a set of good ones?

Hi, just joined site and see I'm not the only one with the problem of deteriorated body bushings on my 2001 sport trac. Called Utter Ford and they quoted $285.95 with shipping for 2 middle sets(upper& lower). Uppers are on back order with mid Feb delivery date. I will check with Tousley Ford and try to do better.

Get a 13mm Hex Key wrench(Allen wrench). It fits in the bottom mount and will help keep it from turning when you are turning the bolt up above inside the cab.

Don't stick the two body bushings together like I did in the photo above. There are little tabs inside that interlock the two pieces and then its a real ***** to get them apart.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone tried matching these POS bushings up with the real rubber bushings from other Ford models? I've never heard of bushings deteriorating like these Explorer bushings do.

Back