Nosveten's Registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nosveten's Registry

Hello all. My name is Daniel, but you can call me Nosveten or Nos (and no it's not referencing NOS that dumb-***** put in ugly-ass rice burners to make them blow up faster!) I have a 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. I dubbed my Explorer "Moose" and or "Pope". I gave her the name Moose because moose are my favorite animals and they are an animal you don't want to mess with. I also gave here the name of Pope not for any religious reason tho. I just like that title. I acquired Moose after I wrecked my '02 Hyundai Elantra. I hit a patch of ice in December 2009 and went nose first into a dry creek bed. I landed underneath a tree in it's root system while the back end was elevated up on another tree. I wasn't hurt or anything but I still owe my mother a new car. So after looking around with my father for a Jeep, yes I said Jeep, Grand Cherokee he ended up seeing Moose in a used car lot somewhere in New Jersey. It was the best decision my father made all year. I love Moose more then most things only second to my family and my girlfriend. They all would be pissed if I put my truck before them.

This is Moose when I got her:
img0948l.jpg

img0949v.jpg

img0950c.jpg

This is after I took the side steps off for a trip up in Freeland/Hazleton, PA 2010:
img0965g.jpg

This is on trails in Freeland:
img1052t.jpg

I will be putting Warrior shackles on the rear leafs pretty soon and twisting the front slightly.

**Edit 6/27/11:**
Moose has had some work done to her. Nothing to major...yet. The transmission took a dump at 150k miles so replaced that and front left wheel bearing.
Replacing front bumper from a 95-98 in the next week or so. Also throwing in a limited slip in the back end compliments of the late Blackjack (being brought back from the dead by Spas). Then a 2 or 3 inch body lift with some 32"s or 33"s. Hopefully all will get done by the end of summer. Will update pictures when I get a chance.
-----------
I'm also a Volunteer Firefighter where I live at three stations; Bucks County Station 4/84 Trevose Fire Co., Montgomery County Station 72 Tylersport Fire Co., and Station 78 Upper Salford Fire Co. I'm in the process on becoming an EMT in the state of Pennsylvania.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice eddie u got there

Lookin' good. Next time you offroad like that you may want to remove your swaybars temporarily. You'll get better flex.

Thank you for your service. Good luck with school.

Nice, the paint looks good and dent free!

Thank you.

For the most part it's dent free. Scratches all over but nothing to big. There is one dent on the rear bumber when I backed up into a tree the last trip I was on. Nothing to worry about tho. I was thinking on removing the linkage for my sway bars but the Moog linkages I have are a pain to put back. I'll search for an easier way later.

I remember when you love tapped that tree. Moose may be tough but it's no match for telephone pole sized trees.:D You could probably just take the sway bar off completely like I did. I know a bunch of people here don't have them either. You might get a little more body roll but it's not as noticeable in the 4 doors. Swaybarless sports are another story....

Haha, you're right Bats. Trees really aren't your friends. And I was thinking on removing it but it's my daily driver so I don't know how it will effect the normal high driving. I'll look into it.

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've been pretty busy. The fire and ambulance companies have been sucking the life out of me.

No trips for awhile due to insufficient funding. Haha.

Moose has been pretty good to me so no complaints there. She's had some rough days in the past two months or so. Flat tires, exhaust mounts breaking, highway miles by the 1000's and of course the fire calls that have been beating the snot out of her. This last week I screwed the alignment pretty bad my sliding of ice in the fire house parking responding to a call. Also I think my rim is slightly bent.

Other then that everything is still pretty good. Moose has had some slight modifications done to her. Nothing much but it makes my blue light a whole lot easier to hide when not using it: above the rear view mirror now. Going to stealth her out when I can afford it.

Update on Moose;
Moose's transmission just hit the wall. Need to buy another or rebuild what is already in her. If anyone has any advice on where to get another for cheap, that would be greatly appreciated. Or if you have a working one you don't want and want to sell it. Either way help would welcomed.

Update on Moose;
Moose's transmission just hit the wall. Need to buy another or rebuild what is already in her. If anyone has any advice on where to get another for cheap, that would be greatly appreciated. Or if you have a working one you don't want and want to sell it. Either way help would welcomed.

www.car-part.com

So the replacement transmission is working good now. Took three days with the rain but I'm happy. Now I have to replace the damn radiator. Plastic ends have cracks in them.

Back