Another one bites the dust! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another one bites the dust!

Matt did a little off roading --right into the trees.

He's ok.

012.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ouch :(

Think a little powdercoating will help?

What did he hit? I can see some pine trees, but it looks like a multiple side hit

why oh why do Monty's always lose their badges when they hit something??
Is it a sign if embarassment?

Sucks to lose the window too!:roll:
We're supposed to get some more snow here in the Great White North tonight

That sucks....good he made it out alright though.

why oh why do Monty's always lose their badges when they hit something??
Is it a sign if embarassment?

Mine stayed it place.

Sorry to hear about the accident Matt, glad your ok though.

edit: to early to start calling dibs on parts?:D

He said the first tree was up rooted, but the one on the left didn't move much.

Both airbags popped, and he says he still feels fine now.

I'd keep the engine and trans for myself but I already have a v8 lined up. so, I guess let the bidding begin for whatever you need.

X2 on being alright, it must have been a hell of a thump. Should get a few quid back at the auction tho', was it insured?

Vehicles can be replaced,
Family can't,

glad he is okay, ,

and wow, that is a good snowfall,

Glad to hear that Matt is ok

hmmm i have been in the Market for a Fixer Upper :D

I don't know who Matt is, but I guess I have to make the obligatory "glad he is ok" if I'm going to say anything.

Now, moving on. No reason to scrap or part that out. From the pic, the front looks like a high hit; no bent frame rails (at least not more then maybe a little "tweak". At most, it would need a quick trip to the frame machine. Everything else appears to be basic, do-it-yourself bolt-on parts. Unless the pics are very misleading, that could easily me made back into a good street vehicle.

In the alternative, again, rather then scrap/part it, this is exactly the kind of vehicle the off-road guys should be starting your projects with, instead of hacking up , and smashing/scraping up, undamaged "clean" stuff. Although, even this one is really too easy a "save" for that. I'm thinking more like light rollovers,etc.. Things that are definitely too far gone to ever be a "nice" street vehicle

Ya know they aren't making anymore right? Don't throw them away (scrap/part) until there is really nothing left of it. This isn't the case here.

Glad Matt's O.K.

Nothing like keeping the carnage in the family :D

Now if it gets parted out I want the hood latch if it's not FUBAR :)

Glad everyone made it out alright. Can't say I'm impressed with the 97-00 front bumpers.

That would be '99-2001 on Explorers & 98-01 on Mountaineers. That is when they went plastic.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back