fiberglass fenders?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fiberglass fenders??

some old pics of the front glass before i converted my front end. hanneman 4 inch flare
IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

15162_1225227484308_1637666607_5559.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

and heres a pic of the rear glass on there and conversion front end. glassworks front fenders, and fiberwerx rears.
0818001058a.jpg

Do you have different offsets on the front rims?they look like they stick out way farther than the rear. Those are only 4"? They look huge/wide from the front pic.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the flares and side skirt/molding from a 95+ fit on a first gen or would i have to use first gen flares?anyone have a pic of stock flares on a first gen?

Do you have different offsets on the front rims?they look like they stick out way farther than the rear. Those are only 4"? They look huge/wide from the front pic.
nope they are all the same american racing rims. i have cut/turned and extended 4.5 over front beams. And yes those are the 4 inch ones.

Does the flares and side skirt/molding from a 95+ fit on a first gen or would i have to use first gen flares?anyone have a pic of stock flares on a first gen?

they do not fit at all.

Bump

Picking up my rear 7" fiberglass from Fiberwerx in a few days, wanna know what size those are.

Does anyone make them that are like 0-1"? I dont like the way they look from the front,just to wide.i do like how the well is larger and the bottom of the fender near the door is skinnier, witch is where im rubbing

Glassworks used to make a 2" pull for 93-97 rangers, but I don't think anyone makes them that small for Explorers.

They make 3.5" pull for 89-92 rangers, which should fit, but the body lines won't match up.

Crap.yea ill never need that big/wide.ill never stuff a tire like that.just need clearance for turing and hitting bumps and this is my dd so dont wanna go more than the 3 more inches from the body lift im about to put on!

Jeez mate!! That's pretty bloody clever. Cool as.

I dont wanna cut my fenders.i want to be able to use the fender wells and i have flares that attach to the fender lip

Originally Posted by jd4242 View Post
they do not fit at all.

ummm they do fit check, your info before giving it!!

You have any pic of them on?like a front shot,or ovehead front shot?

well i ended up cutting my fenders and got some surface mount flares to hide it and they just look like crap.i mean they dont look bad but not for my taste!!!so i just ordered the fiberglass fenders from glassworks,wtf you people on the west coast are lucky!!!!im in va and it cost me $140 to ship them:mad::mad: $441 later and we shall see what they look like and if they clear my tires!!ill be selling the flares soon if anyone wants them real cheap,only mounted one!!!pics
w7h661.jpg

2lixz0g.jpg

23m92h.jpg

jhbkhu.jpg

fenders finally came.if you miss the thread here a link
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319979
now for pic.they fit well and are alot bigger than i thought they would be.fender well did have to be cut.i think it looks good and im going with the bush wackers in the rear.now just to get the rest of the truck painted! ;)
1-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Back