led lights and center console finished!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

led lights and center console finished!!!!

I converted my instrument cluster and 4x4 buttons to blue LEDS
this is them off just stock
IMG_2248-1.jpg

and this is them on
IMG_2249.jpg

this is the center console i made im goin to be redoing the cup holders the kinda ugly but the rest turned out great
IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

this is my interior all turned on
IMG_2301.jpg

i even converted the interior light to a bright white led
IMG_2291.jpg

not to bad. if you guys have any ideas on make it better let me know or on more ideas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

still need to mount 2 of the switichs on the consloe

that looks really nice. I want to do this mod but i don't quite have the guts yet to rip my dash apart.

Looks like your speedometer wasnt lit up in the last picture of it, the rest looks pretty good though

You didn't change any of your indicators to LEDs did you? I had a little problem with them glowing faintly when I tried it. I changed some of my indicators back to incandescent bulbs since I didn't feel like adding resistors. My turn signal indicators, high beam indicator, and a couple others are LED now though. I would have liked to leave my 4wd and low range indicators LED, but yeah.... I might pull it again in the future and add some resistors so I can go all LED.

that looks really nice. I want to do this mod but i don't quite have the guts yet to rip my dash apart.

its not that hard to take apart. just need a #10T and a #20T screw driver.

Looks like your speedometer wasnt lit up in the last picture of it, the rest looks pretty good though

ya its not as bright as the rest so i need to add in one more led still. thanks man

You didn't change any of your indicators to LEDs did you? I had a little problem with them glowing faintly when I tried it. I changed some of my indicators back to incandescent bulbs since I didn't feel like adding resistors. My turn signal indicators, high beam indicator, and a couple others are LED now though. I would have liked to leave my 4wd and low range indicators LED, but yeah.... I might pull it again in the future and add some resistors so I can go all LED.

you can get smaller wedge type leds that dont need resistors, thats what i used in the 4x4 switch. i didnt do anything to the turn signals or anything just the gauges.

you can get smaller wedge type leds that dont need resistors, thats what i used in the 4x4 switch. i didnt do anything to the turn signals or anything just the gauges.

No, I didn't mean the switches, I used LEDs in them already. I was talking about the indicators in the dash, where some of the bulbs I had to leave incandescent unless I wanted to add resistors.

I'd love to put something like that centre console into my Explorer except mine is a manual so a bit more difficult to put something in. Plan on doing my dash lights soon as well, although I like blue I will probably go with red since it doesn't affect your night vision as much.

its not that hard to take apart. just need a #10T and a #20T screw driver.

I've got the equipment, I just don't have the guts to take it all apart. I've got a fear i'll get it all out and almost back together and break or mess something up.

Looks great got any more pics of on ur didnt the dash leds?

Looks fantastic Man! I plan on doing my dash lights in a month or so. Thanks for your info. By the way how many total LED lights did you need for the dash gauges/4x4/heater and a/c?

IMG_2248-1.jpg

and this is them on
IMG_2249.jpg

this is the center console i made im goin to be redoing the cup holders the kinda ugly but the rest turned out great
IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

not to bad. if you guys have any ideas on make it better let me know or on more ideas.

I am trying to change the light bulbs in my cluster and I am stuck how did you take it out there is something behind the cluster holding it and i cant get to it and also how you change the bulb in the 4x4 i saw it but dont know how to put the bulb in?

4x4 blue led

IMG_2248-1.jpg

and this is them on
IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

how you change the 4x4 button to blue i look i didnt see no bulb in mine

4x4 light switch

Do you know what bulb that goes in the 4x4 switch light indicator its a small bulb dont know what size and I am looking for it to be blue but cant find it.

Back